• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 port inlet/outlet config Q?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Primu$

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-201.html
ex-blc-200.jpg

Hi I have this WB, I was wondering wat you guys think, should I put a Y adapter and put it as a 2 way -inlet OR 2 way-outlet in my setup?

My setup: For CPU Watercooling
PolarFlo Acrylic ->
BIX2 ->
DD Pump->
All parts is using 1/2" barbs with 3/8 ID tygon tubing

you want the coldest water to hit the center of the block where the block sits above the core/cores . that means fresh water in through the center. the reason this is important is taht you want ot maximize your DT and the wider the difference between your coldest source and and your hottest source makes that more efficient. . that is the reason. otherwise the water coming in from the sides will have more chance to pick up heat before cooling the center.

so now you have an idea of the whys of it, go forth and do great and wonderfull things in the name of science.

thorilan said:
you want the coldest water to hit the center of the block where the block sits above the core/cores . that means fresh water in through the center. the reason this is important is taht you want ot maximize your DT and the wider the difference between your coldest source and and your hottest source makes that more efficient. . that is the reason. otherwise the water coming in from the sides will have more chance to pick up heat before cooling the center.

so now you have an idea of the whys of it, go forth and do great and wonderfull things in the name of science.

gave me a more visual understanding,
Thanks thorilan

Back