• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! What is best method to remove air from loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ECH

I wasn't able to completely fill loop with liquid, thinking the pump can do the rest ...maybe I was wrong?
I do not have a res just a fill port but I can still see a lot of air in loop. What is the best way to remove air? Remove nut from fill point and leave cycling for 2 hours? What?

NoodleHead said:
tilt you case around, that should definitely help.

wow, thanks it did help. Now I guess I have to leave it be with nut on fill port for a hour or 2?

Tilting and shaking the case, as Noodle pointed out, helps get air trapped in certain places free. As far as tiny air bubbles in the water, time and patience is all you need.

tilting every few min and then tape the fill port so its verticall and run it open for a day or 2 ..

this is where people like res and tube routing and system design can help out. it takes me less than 40 seconds to completely bleed my average loop ( done before put in most cases) and its facilitated by proper component order by heigth

thorilan said:
tilting every few min and then tape the fill port so its verticall and run it open for a day or 2 ..

this is where people like res and tube routing and system design can help out. it takes me less than 40 seconds to completely bleed my average loop ( done before put in most cases) and its facilitated by proper component order by heigth
I don't understand, how do you bleed the line to remove air? If I have a long fill point and can add coolant when needed, whats the difference?

fill port goes where pump sucks fluid in...
fluid that pushes out the pump goes directly to the GPU right?

I removed all the air out of my loop in about 2-3 days. Just leave your computer running and the air should be removed. Takes some time with a t-line, with a res it's much faster.

gotcha will do...was hoping to get this done by tonight...I see now...

You can run the computer with air in the loop, just expect the temp to drop a little as the water straightens out.

citronym said:
You can run the computer with air in the loop, just expect the temp to drop a little as the water straightens out.
exactly, when the air was completely removed from my setup my temps dropped a little more. I think AS5 also settled better too.

OK after 4 hours (roughly) I see no more bubbles using a T line only (no ras). It was kinda neat as it would tell you which way the flow was moving. Now, I must put the maze4 on the x1900xtx. I hope DD sent the right hardware because I did specify x1900xtx in my order.

ECH said:
OK after 4 hours (roughly) I see no more bubbles using a T line only (no ras). It was kinda neat as it would tell you which way the flow was moving. Now, I must put the maze4 on the x1900xtx. I hope DD sent the right hardware because I did specify x1900xtx in my order.

post some pics for us :thup:

From my experience, they seem to be really good about providing the right parts. In fact, I ordered some specific hold-downs and they sent them right away on their budget.

As I found out yesterday, a strong pump can help bleed your loop too. I just installed a Lang D5 and when I bled my system it took only about three minutes to do as the pump's pressure drove the bubbles to my T Line where they then were expelled.

I had a T line in my cooling loop but the bubbles would pass right by. I tried all the methods above but to no avail. At the time I was using a mATX case so space was very limited. I decided to integrate a reservoir on the pumps inlet. The reservoir is acrylic with a pepsi bottle screw top. The system removes the majority of air within thirty seconds. I now use this design on all my water cooled rigs.

inlineres.jpg

Bender that is really slick.. how do you create things with acrylic i don't understand how you guys do that. do you guys do this at a workshop or something?

Press your tubes with your fingers so water will fill and press out any air then realease, but make sure you have a opening so the air can get out.

Back