• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Geforce 6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perium

Im having issues with the card once I installed my maze4. I have stability issues and putting a fan on the card fixed the issues. The only part of the card that was sort of hot was the heatsink for the power. It was around 40c on the outside, tested with a compunurse. The ram seemed to be ok. The temps for the core and ambient are 45c and 38c load. These readings are from the card itself.

I want to go fanless so having a fan pointed at it defeats the point.

So my question is how is everyone else solving this? And what exactly is the culprit the ram or power?

IM001093.JPG

I always have a fan blowing over the card, helps the ramsinks do there job. I know lots of people do this. but usally you don't need active cooling on the ram, the sinks are usally good enough.

Think it was the power? 3dmark wouldnt even complete it would error, adding a fan with doing nothing else fixed it

How is your case airflow? Maybe without the stock fan, there just simply isn't any air going through the HS on the power regs.

Have you tried applying better paste to the power regs?

Good luck,
Bryan d

I have to have a fan blowing over my 7800GTX or other wise I get burnt by how hot the PCB gets

I have a 6800 GT that is cooled by a DD maze 4. I still use a 120 mm fan under it running at 7 volts and it's plenty cool. The core is way cooler because of the VGA block and the fan at 7 volts is silent yet still cools my ram great.

hm, I guess ill mod a 120 for 5 or 7v blowing onto the card. Any idea on how you mount it?

I used 4-3 inch wood screws. I put 1 screw into each of the fan mount holes and then put a small piece of dense foam on the head of each screw so it wouldn't move.

I just did something similar but i forgot the foam. Ill post some pictures once i find some foam that i can super glue on.

I actually bought a HD cooler for like $7. It consisted of an anodized metal plate with 2 40mm fans on it. I cut the plate in half and mounted 1 of the 40mm fans to blow across my ramsinks. The fan is completely silent and is enough to move adequate flow across my vram. I used the other fan for blowing across my mosfets on my mobo.

Back