• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech apogee and ambient temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oper8or

Well.. even with my pukey pump and rad.. i installed the apogee. I must say.. even with the house at 80f it stayed at around 43c at load.. now with the a/c fixed its staying at 37c in game with ts up and browsing the net.. not bad if I do say so myself. I did do it right this time.. I didnt funky rig it..lol
I also found something cool at lowes building supplies. It's a compression shut off valve. I looked on thier website but can find it. If I do I'll post it. I ran it for 6 hours on test.. not one leak. For $6 (not including the apogee) I dropped my temps becuase of reading and taking my time. I likey! No I wont post a pic until I have it all done right.. When I get my pump.. new rez and my new rad.. then I'll post.. cause I still have some planning to do.

I do have one question. Does brass mix with copper in the wc set up? I'm not using any. But I thought about it. I used plastic instead. I didnt know if it would have an effect on it or not. I'm runnin distilled 90%/antifreeze 10%. Just to let you know.

Cool so that means I can use them without the worry of breaking the plastic ones while putting the hose on. :) Cuase I found some seriously cool looking barbs at Lowes.. I searched thier site again.. and nothing. I'll have to post pics of them instead.

Back