• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU with X1900xtx installation question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ECH

Their is no instructions on how to install this. I have 8 rubber washers 4 plastic washers and 4 metal washers. I have 4 screws. Is there any order in using these that has worked with you (the owner of a x1900 with Maze4 GPU WB)?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the the instructions talked about a spring that you insert that I do not have...

[from memory] you should have four rods, a backplate, a neoprene 'backplate', eight plastic washers, four springs, and four nuts. i've mounted many times without springs, and without backplates.

crimedog said:
[from memory] you should have four rods, a backplate, a neoprene 'backplate', eight plastic washers, four springs, and four nuts.

That's what I got in my "series 2" kit. I haven't mounted mine yet, but it seems pretty self-explanitory. However, I do have some WC'ing experience already so that may be the reason it is so.

I just recently bought a kit from danger den for my maze4 gpu. It had a metal backplate instead of the normal one. It comes with no springs so you have to be sure to tighten properly or else youll put unven pressure on the core. The materials i used was Screw -> washer ->metal backplate -> neoprene backplate -> black washer -> card -> black washer -> gpu block. If you change anything swap out the washer between the gpu and card with the white washer. It appears the be the same size as the distance from the card to the core. this might help give you more even pressure.

Perium said:
I just recently bought a kit from danger den for my maze4 gpu. It had a metal backplate instead of the normal one. It comes with no springs so you have to be sure to tighten properly or else youll put unven pressure on the core. The materials i used was Screw -> washer ->metal backplate -> neoprene backplate -> black washer -> card -> black washer -> gpu block. If you change anything swap out the washer between the gpu and card with the white washer. It appears the be the same size as the distance from the card to the core. this might help give you more even pressure.

thank you

crimedog said:
[from memory] you should have four rods, a backplate, a neoprene 'backplate', eight plastic washers, four springs, and four nuts. i've mounted many times without springs, and without backplates.

I get it now...it appears that the added hardware was sent as if you didn't have the neoprene and metal back plate. Now it makes sense....i think...

Back