• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hydor l25 pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumsquad

I can get a hydor l25 pump for $20 shipped. is this worth it? or should i just save up for a d4 which avg around 40shipped.

i'm looking to spend as little as i can btw. i just wanna know whether or not the hydor will b good enough to push a loop for just cpu block. and won't break down on me.

the Hydor is a decent little pump. the L25 is supposed to be much quieter than the L35 which I have... I got it used and it was quite loud. I had to wrap it in a towel to make it bearable. I just got my new MCP655 (D5) yesterday and even at it's highest setting it is quieter than the Hydor was wrapped in a towel.

I've heard the L30 and L25 are much quieter so you may be fine w/ it.

It depends on how restrictive your loop is. If you are using a 6002 or TDX, RBX, it might just be fine, for a cheap pump. However, they are hit or miss on reliability, you would be better off getting a real pump.

The more restrictive your loop is, the louder the hydor will be.

restriction has absolutely nothing to do with the loudness of hydor pumps.

it has to do with the internal design on the spindle of shaft. the start up requires a loose tolerance in the pumps because they are designed for aquariums but as a result the start up occilation doesnt stop some times . sometimes it will but as soon as you get air trapped in it the occilation starts again because of a low preassure center of the void on 1 side ( if it where possible that air bubbles where shaped like doughnuts this wouldnt happen)

It has effect on noise level. When I first started w/cing I used a highly restrictive TT GPU block which was too much head for the pump to handle. When I Y'ed off the loop for the GPU and CPU(parallel) the head dropped and the pump was near silent.

I wouldnt by the hydor, i own and l30 and its loud even with a new impeller. (first one broke within a yr)

Youd be much happier to spend the 40$

mav that is not correct as far as a statment goes. blocks dont have head. and the restriction of the loop had nothing to do with the sound level. you taking 1 result that has a lot of diferent influencing actions on it and trying to pin its cause down on 1 particular reason that can not cause it.

i have more experiance with the hydors than anyone here . in fact im stairing at an L35 as we speak that has a silver cascade attached to it and very large res and its silent when out of the systemand the casing is clamped down ( the vibration from start up occilation cant effect it as much due to hand held absorbtion)

I read what I posted again, you're right thor, blocks don't have head... can't seem to think of the word that describes pressure exerted back on the pump due to restriction. Eh.. backpressure?

Lets just settle with don't go for the hydor, save for a D5.

isn't d4 sufficient, d5 is even more expensive :(

BTW i'm using a zalman wb2 waterblock for the cpu. Yeah i no its crap, but i bought it retail for 15 dollars. THATS FREAKING CHEAP!

Also, theres still the question of leaky reservoir barbs. these barbs came w/ the reservoir from dtek. And it just leaks even after i tightened it completely, i mean theres no more screw to screw in. btw its leaking in all 3 holes. I emailed dtek, but they didn't answer me :eh?:

Back