• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Setup, 2pcs , Pic Heavy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perium

:welcome:
Im colling two pcs with one external box. Two loops sort of, both the loops combine into one res and exit into two pumps.

Pc One
Amd 2500+ @ 2.2ghz
-Maze 4
Geforce 6800GT
-Maze 4 Gpu
Pc Two
Amd 1800+ @ stock
-Gemini Spiral
Nforce2 Chipset
-Gemini Chipset
IM001075.JPG

Here is some pics, the hydor l30 is going to pc two and the ehiem is going to pc one. Pc One gets the dual heatercore while Pc Two gets the smaller core.
IM001084.JPG

IM001088.JPG

IM001085.JPG

IM001086.JPG

Pc One before I changed out the Graphics Card
IM001079.JPG

Pc Two
IM001087.JPG

So what do you think? Any improvments i can make?

With an ambient air temp of 25.4 my gpu idle/load around 40c/46c and my proc is 39c/43c. Pc two idle/load around 33/36c.

Last edited:
Maviryk said:
I just hope his lid is airtight! Hope there isn't anything wrong with running different pumps in parallel.

Pumps arent really in parrallel, just pulling from the same resevoir.

Hey Perium, why didnt you just put two barbs on that resevoir instead of using a Y? Doubt it would make much difference with the pumps you have, if they were more powerful then maybe.

airflow on the heatercores like AZNBoi said will definitely increase your chances of better temps

There is airflow on the heatercores...
Neither of his CPUs are rediculously hot anyway. Having fans directly on the cores might lower temps, but your temps look nice as it is.
I like the setup, always a fan of creative engineering.

his setup is alright as others have said. airtight container will helps alot though. over all 2 systems with those procs sharing the same res . he could go straight to 1 large inline loop with those blocks if for some reason 1 pump fails and still wouldnt have any problems

thorilan said:
his setup is alright as others have said. airtight container will helps alot though. over all 2 systems with those procs sharing the same res . he could go straight to 1 large inline loop with those blocks if for some reason 1 pump fails and still wouldnt have any problems

I didnt think about the redudancy issue, i was more thinking about keeping the restriced loop , 3/8 gemini sprial block away from my main loop.

The fans are blowing out creating a suction. I had thought to make the lid seal better but i dont feel alot of air coming in the top. What could i seal the top with that would allow me to keep opening and closing easily? The rads are completly cool to the touch.

Im thinking the temps are inacruate from my an7 but im to last to test with the compunurse. Maybe ill try that later today.

jamesavery22 said:
Pumps arent really in parrallel, just pulling from the same resevoir.

Hey Perium, why didnt you just put two barbs on that resevoir instead of using a Y? Doubt it would make much difference with the pumps you have, if they were more powerful then maybe.

At the time of creating the res i didnt think about it I dont think i would gain much flow from chainging the rest to have to inputs unless I increased the outputs also.

Back