• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question of my wc temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gix330

Registered
Hi guys, after 2 days leak testing and 1 days work, my project is finally finished. Just got a question on the temp:

1st loop: CPU (AMD 64 X2 4400+), 2xGPU (7900GT). CPU idle @31C, loaded @33c, GPU is about 33C to 35C.

2nd loop: Chipset, 2 HDD coolers ( 2 Raptor and 2x160G ) Chip is around 36C.

So is the temp good? or there is any problem? Thx

gix330 said:
CPU idle @31C, loaded @33c, GPU is about 33C to 35C.
This says the most about your system. Not the temps themselves, but the space between the idle and load temps (deltaT). With a difference of only a few degrees, I would say your watercooler is performing marvelously.

2c Delta sounds way too low to me from idle to load....unless I'm doing something wrong. :) I usually idle ~5c over ambient and my idle/load delta is 8c.

Daddyjaxx said:
2c Delta sounds way too low to me from idle to load....unless I'm doing something wrong. :) I usually idle ~5c over ambient and my idle/load delta is 8c.
Not at all, my idle/load delta is 2C as well but I'm cheating because I got a Delta SHE turned on while gaming....
So my guess is either he has fans running at top speed all the time or he does the same routine as I do.

I hate the noise. I just have a couple of Panaflo 120x38's turned as low as they go....but to be honest, my Ultra D's temp sensors are so far whacked, I have no clue what my real temps are. If I go by SG, I idle BELOW ambient. :)

Back