• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIP2 Screw Type

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phaeton

Hey guys, I'm trying to mount my BIP2 on my case, and then eventually the fans to the BIP2, but I can't figure out what bloody screws it takes? Is it already tapped? The metal looks so thing that I don't think they are tapped... but then I figured some one must have put these on with no trouble. I got mine new, but came with no mounting hardware... :(

They're not tapped, but it's sheet metal so you can use self-tapping screws. Some people bend the fins a bit and push long bolts all the way through.

Take the rad and a fan to the hardware store with you and they'll set you up. Just be careful not to graunch up the fins in the car.

I used some long case screws, they seem to thread themselfs nicely and hold very well.

I just used a 6-32 tap and 6-32 bolts, quarter inch from rad -> case, and one and a quarter inch for fans -> rad.

phaeton said:
I just used a 6-32 tap and 6-32 bolts, quarter inch from rad -> case, and one and a quarter inch for fans -> rad.

I did the same except that I didn't have the screws go through the entire fan so I only used 1/2" 6-32 screws on the fans.

Back