• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ORIGINAL MAZE4 HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnm

will a old MAZE4 GPU block fit on a evga 7900gt.
2 of the 4 mounting holes are some what off set

I dont think so. For it to fit you need 4 screw holes in a square pattern. I had to buy new mounting hardware as i could find a small enough screw at lowes/homdepot. At Dangerdens website you can buy a new top for the block and new mounting hardware for a reasonable price.

no it has to be the new maze4 design with 4 holes in the block, unless you modify it and custom fit it of course

Hey, I dont mean to thread-jack but I had a very similar question...

I just bought this block off ebay. Can someone tell me if it will fit on a 7800 series card...

Seufari said:
Hey, I dont mean to thread-jack but I had a very similar question...

I just bought this block off ebay. Can someone tell me if it will fit on a 7800 series card...

I may be wrong but I think on the 7800 blocks the 4 holes are in the acetel top and not he copper, I can check on my blocks when I get home.

Nope, i'm almost positive that's the old Maze4. The new maze4 looks like:

product_image.php

It seems the acetel top should fit.Acetal MAZE4 Top Replacement
*NEW* Replace your existing top with this new version. Machined out of Acetal to prevent any corrosion risk, with lightweight properties, and the ability to mount to [Nvidia 6800 Cards.]

yeah that is the old top and won't support the 7800, unless you do a little drilling, the block holes are in the acetal though.

thanks for the help guys :S
I dont want to spend any more money... I should have done my homework before hand...
I seriously think that DD should update the instructions pdf with the latest model. I thought it would be ok because it looked just like the one they have pictured. Now I am stuck with something that I can neither sell nor use.

evga7900gt blacks out in Oblivion at 701 1600
Oblivion at 655 755 no problem 70 77c. temps .
3d05 1100 no problems at 701 800
I guess eye candy in games stress card to much.
Sure miss dd block ,forced to run delta 66db side fan
opty@3040 only 30c

Back