• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How CoOL Is your Dual-Core Opty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Primu$

I Have just finished My water cooling setup on my AMD Opteron 170!
Damn this beast use to get hott almost near 50*C On me :eek: , Now with my New water cooler I am Idle @ at 27*C! And 30*C on LOAD! :clap:

I just want to see what temps ppl are getting with their Dual-core opty's water cooled! Overclocked and Non OC'd accepted :)

At 1.58v 2.7ghz my 165 loads at 39c. I have no idea what the idle is since it's literally been under load the whole time I've had it.

I'm probally on the hotter side than most at 52/53c at load and idle at 44/46 depending on the AC. Single fan rad. IHS still on.

My dual core opty 165 runs at 2.9 @ 1.475v.

I might try remounting the block to see if I can get better temps but its 24hour small ttf stable.

Edit in: thats dual prime95 load. Dual SuperPI load the temps only get up to 49/50c.

Last edited:
using swiftech storm rev2 at 2900 mhz 1.65 - 1.675 vcore (my mb reports ~ 0.05 over actual):

I'm getting readings that are probably more realisitc than most others. My load is around 45-47c at load and 35c idle. Mine is naked with a dyi micro ntc temp proble touching the die right at the edge. It's a 10k probe accurate to +/-0.2c and has been verified with several water baths at various temps using a good digital thermometer accurate to +/-0.3c. I truely believe people going by mb temps are really not getting temps as low as they believe they are getting after doing this project.

kimochii72 said:
I truely believe people going by mb temps are really not getting temps as low as they believe they are getting after doing this project.

What is the difference from what your mobo reports?

The mb reading is totally wacked! It's accurate for where it's located. Up to 88c at full load. Just happends to be the exact same reading I get when using that accurate thermometer stuck right between the hot capacitors used (i believe) for the 4 phase power regulation. I'm assuming that this is where they placed the thermistor for the cpu reading. Needless to say I've ignored the onboard cpu temp readings. This freaked me out at first. Even some of the heat tends to spill over to my cpu area somewhat heating up that dyi probe I'm sure. The external probe I bought is really cool and very nice, accurate and consistant. Just happens to be that the onboard aux temp input on the board and the input on my fan controller run with 10k requirements. They both read the same at various test temps both against the digital thermometer.

i have a opty 170 @2.8 1.475v
depending on the ambient my load temp can vary from 35c-43c

its been getting hot lately so its been towards the higher end. 8(

i just got some 141cfm triple blade delta fans so my temps might change a tad if i want to go in full performance mode :p

Ambient temps ftw!!!

Winter, my x2 idles around 15, load of 25 -
Non-Winter - Pc upstairs - idle 28/load 35-38
- Pc downstairs - idle 22/ load 28

Difference between upstairs and downstairs temps -

Upstairs room gets 80f
Downstairs - 65f

Back