• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown 12V Water Pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bryan_d

Hello all,

I just stumbled across this waterpump and was wondering if anyone here has heard of it, or best yet used it?

I understand that many would be turned away from it, because of its performance but I am sure this pump would fit the bill for those odd loops that do not need that much pressure.

Here's a link:
Unknown 12V Pump

Here's a pic (also pictured with dual pump option)

wb2yy1.jpg

Bryan d

That's a very low head pump for watercooling. Do you have any idea how flat the P-Q curve is?

you might be fine running two in series if they cost $26 each. only thing you probably need to worry about is reliability.

Last edited:
even though they are ony 5 watts I would guess that you would need two of them in series to make it workable. Which means that it would be about 10W total

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
you might be fine running two in series if they cost $26 each. only thing you probably need to worry about is reliability.

That's probably the main concern,

I posted this pump seeing as though the AWC-1 I played with had a very weak pump but performed quite well. Mind you it had 2 rads, cpu block, and gpu block in the loop; didn't help matters using smaller than 1/4" Id tubing too!

The 5W usage and $26 price tag is what really caught my eyes. I could imagine it performing well enough with an Apogee, Single Pass Rad, and an effective Res feeding it... I really should stop thinking about it because I may just "dive" into water again...NOT!

C'mon there has got to be some rich people here who can throw money away to become guinea pigs.

Bryan d

If you're going to spend $54 on 10W of pump, why not pay a little more and get a 10W DDC?

Im considering it for my low voltage TEC setup. Too much pump and I would just have to insulate the TECs anyways so this might work.

Only thing I worry about is speed control, Im gonna need to be able to PWM at idle, not many pumps can do this.

Otter said:
If you're going to spend $54 on 10W of pump, why not pay a little more and get a 10W DDC?

Hehe,

True true, but I would never get the dual setup. I just posted the pic to show its existence:)

ls7corvete said:
Only thing I worry about is speed control, Im gonna need to be able to PWM at idle, not many pumps can do this.

Hmm,

Since it runs of 12v, and is only rated at 5W; you could probably stick this thing on a fan controller.

Eitherway, please post if or when you get the pump.

Bryan d

ls7corvete said:
A PWM to voltage converter would let you use any pump.

Otter said:
A PWM to voltage converter would let you use any pump.

Possibly. Some pumps dont respond well to this either though, the mcp600 for example only runs down to about 10v.

Switching the pump off is an option for me as well. If anyone can find a US distributor pls LMK. I will still consider this site though despite the fact they did not understand what PWM was when asked, heh.

bryan_d said:
Hello all,

I just stumbled across this waterpump and was wondering if anyone here has heard of it, or best yet used it?

I understand that many would be turned away from it, because of its performance but I am sure this pump would fit the bill for those odd loops that do not need that much pressure.

Here's a link:
Unknown 12V Pump

Here's a pic (also pictured with dual pump option)

wb2yy1.jpg

Bryan d

dont get it, its an POS, bout one and it doesnt pump much to cool my system

Last edited:
ls7corvete said:
Possibly. Some pumps dont respond well to this either though, the mcp600 for example only runs down to about 10v..
Why not just let the pump run flat out and reduce power to the TECs if your block is getting too cold?

Otter said:
Why not just let the pump run flat out and reduce power to the TECs if your block is getting too cold?
Much easier to control the .5amp to the pump than the 10-20amps to the TEC.

Shipping is killing this deal for me.

Ha, I love this "Maximum head of 1 meters.Supports daisy-chained liquid cooling devices in a single circuit: processors, chipset, and graphics.

Maximum discharge of 550 L/H .Superior real world performance." Nice advertising... :D

Hey, change the currency to USD and you even get a discount ;).

$23.38 USD for one pump.

The stuff on the site looks pretty cool. Its all fairly inexpensive but I'm not sure what Canada post charges to send packages to the US. If my Gemini cooling waterblocks don't do a good enough job cooling my video cards I may try their stuff out (though I don't think that'll be a problem seeing as the Gemini Cooling waterblock in my brother's system seemes to be on par with my 6002, I'd hope that the GPU block is good as well).

[Edit]One other thought, for $50 you're better off with getting the 12v CSP-Mag over the dual pump setup unless you feel more comfortable using two pumps (so that you still have a running pump if one dies).

Last edited:
I just ordered a single pump and one of their radiators. I'll post some sort of tests when I get them. Suggestions on what I should test would be great.

I figure flow tests... and what else?

Moto7451 said:
I just ordered a single pump and one of their radiators. I'll post some sort of tests when I get them. Suggestions on what I should test would be great.

I figure flow tests... and what else?

Temps with pump vs temps with CSP mag.

I dont see why we need the flow rate numbers. Too much hassle for the results IMHO, most people will be happier with just "2c worse than CSP mag" or something similar.

Subjective noise test.

Size.

Vibration.

PWM ability.

Thats what I would like to see.

I got lucky :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6878447332&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Back