• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free pump vibration reduction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chunkylover763

Here is a place that you can get a free sample of foam that will obliterate any vibration issues you may have http://tempur.imswebmktg.com/tempur/unique/82836.php?GTSE=GOOG&GTKW=tempurpedic
I recently built my first WC setup using a danner mag3 pump, whenever I tested the pump, it was super quiet, but once I assembled the case and put it inside, everything started vibrating. I was using some styrofoam cushon that my psu shipped with but it wasnt doing the trick so I decided I would have to get creative to solve my vibration issues. One of my roommates is always talking about how amazing his tempur-pedic pillow is filled with its special foam. I went on their website and it turns out that they offer free samples, you just fill out a little form and a couple weeks later it shows up at your door. The sampe was about 3"x5"x1" which is enough to take care of pretty much any pump.

Thanks for the link, Chunkylover. It's always good to find something that is both free and useful. :)

i wonder if they will ship to the UK on request...
ive seen plenty of ads on the TV over here for those things and it always says ' call for a booklet and sample of the tempur material '
greta idea mate !!
im presuming its white yea ?
Rick

hmm... I'm going to order some of this! good find.

I'm currently using some foam that I got from JoAnne Fabrics. It's just part of an 8 1/2x11" sheet of foam about 1/4" thick it works well.

got it today and now i want a bed of it lol. nice stuff and no pump noise. thanks for the uber find and the idea of useing it lol.

The two things in my house I would never trade: my Dell 24" Widescreen LCD, and my king-sized Tempur-Pedic mattress and pillows. Mmmmmmmm .... it's like sleeping on a cloud of wholesome awesomeness. :D

Now that I think of it, that foam may be great for any kind of sub-ambient cooling
setup. seems that it forms a great seal after being pressed on. I think that I just
might check out just how that could work. I am in the Pre-design phase of a VLF
(very large format) Bong cooler that should give me just those kind of temps. My
first worry would be condensation, and this foam may be just the thing! :)

Nice find, I love using the black rubber sponge that they sell at OSH as well, but I bet the sponge material used for temperputic beds would isolate the noise completely!

Back