• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mounting help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignaz

ok i just got my wc-301 and im leak testing i think i cut my lies to short tho but i'll know when i starp her on but i still got some more but im gonna go to home depot and get some more lines any kind i should get over the outhers?

my question is this when mounting the cpu block for k8's the screws are to small to grab the plastic and theres no nuts inside the base mount on the mobo.

could i use the p4 mount that came with it? it fits but im worried about behind the cpu those pins touching the mount. should i use that and put a few coats of eletrical tape over them for good luck before i install it?

thanks for any and all help.

Gratz on the 301. It's not a monster, but its a good way to get your feet wet. (No pun intended).

Home Depot tubing.
Home Depot's site was down as I wrote this so I have no idea what they stock as far as tubing. The most important thing you want to do is get tubing in the same sizes inside as well as out, it looks like 1/4" inner diameter, 3/8" outer but I am not 100% sure, so take a sample from your kit with you and compare. After that, it doesn't really matter too much as long as it is not too stiff. Personally, I wouldn't dump too much money into making this kit work as I am quite sure you have spent enough already.

Mounting trouble:
The directions seem pretty straightforward. Are you sure you have chosen the correct fasteners? Have you aligned the bracket properly? As for mounting it with the P4 hardware, I can't visualize this. Ummm, Iunno... Probably not a great idea. Take a picture and post it, plz.

yeah i got the it leak testing on a white towl and toylet paper so i can spot a leak easy and so far so good. im thingking about takeing it apart and makeing it more like a real wc set up lol.

i tested the bracket out and it fits and all that i then put a few layers of electrical tape behind the cpu on the back of the board covering the pins incase the mounting backet were to touch them the tape wound inshure no metal to metal contact. but i'll be going to the home depot today to see if i can find some small nuts that fit the screws for the k8 bracket or some new nuts and screws so i can mount it but i dont think the p4 mount should be a prob if im carefull but i would still like to use the proper mount if i can and i still have about 12 more hours of testing to do.

So yourself a favor and dont use home depot tubing. Use either tygon or clearflex 60. I personally like the clearflex better.

Back