• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BII xflo or dtek heatcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azu

As the title implies,

Im wondering what would give me better temps.

System
cpuwb : dtek whitewater

using the two outlets i split into

2 GPU sli: DD maze 4

the two tubes merge back together

and then go to the radiator which then leads out to a via aqua 1300 or similar.

yes, system will be overclocked. and yes i am looking for silent computer.

So which radiator would be best?

a black ice pro II?

and black ice xflow II?

or a dtek pro heatercore?

need to see a diagram of your case and stuff in it and see how you want to mount and plumb it.

a bip2 or xflow2 will be nearly the same unless you can plumb it for shorter tubing runs then im betting with a WW the extra flow will help you out more

Okay, i made a quick diagram. This will be a project and will be in the works as soon as summer hits.
azu.jpg

Yes i know. The psu is in a rather dangerous place as it is right below the pump.
I will probably section this out later to avoid danger.

The case is relatively small and compact. It is tall enough just to support an ATX mobo + 1"

this is a relatively small and silent computer. that is the goal.

Yes i will be overclocking but i wont go past 1.45 volts on the core and no volt modding.

You may be better off running the GPUs in series, IMO. With parallel, there are many factors that could result in 1 block getting more flow than the other.

Just a thought.

thorilan said:
this is what you should do and it requires building your own res.

Great plan, but they actully sell Res now with 2 inlet / 2 outlet, so he can just block off one of the outlets with the supplied plugs :thup:

Hmm i was just kinda worried if the warm water would be bad for the pump.

i mean. the via aqua 1300 is known to get a bit warm.

This is the icute case

http://www.modthebox.com/review462_1.shtml

as you can probably tell.. itll be crammed x.x and i actually wanted to do a no res system.

but as for the factors that one side mite get more flow than the other. would this have a major impact on the system i conjured or a small impact?

the resses being sold are not configured right for this and are not worth the price when you can go to home depot and get the parts you need for less and make one that performs waaaaay better.

oopps i edited late

and yeah, the res are way over priced

The CD bay has to hold a CD drive, fan controller and two hds

the hd bay holds the pump

psu is under it. will have plexiglass covering to prevent water from going into the psu. and the case will be on casters. a hole will be cut in the bottom so the psu gets continuous fresh air.

i was trying to avoid res if possible.

you can make the res real easy from white pvc used in sewage .

basically a screw on cap with the tube end sealed and 3 holes drilled in it. 2 on 1 side and 1 on the other for pump or bottom

Lol.. i have a feeling.. that my project mite be a wiring nightmare but ill do the resevoir i guess.

possible to build a REALLY tiny resevoir that connects pretty much almost directly to the pump? trying to keep it simple an clean as much as possible. x.x

its already pretty messy with my air cooling. water is gonna be even crazier.

hmm is there any workable situation where the resevoir would be located in the top left of the picture? theres a dual 80mm spot right there thats empty. i know im not gonna put 80mm fans since ill have 2 or 3 12cm fans on top so i guess i want to try to put a res there. i can't think of any feasible idea but thats just me.

im not looking for top notch performance so yeah.. just cool enough that it keeps silent. noise bothers me for some odd reason.

i guess i could make an odd loop..

res->rad->pump->cpu->gpu->res lol.

thorilan said:
only need 2 of these

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...BV_EngineID=ccdkaddhjfeilkdcgelceffdfgidgnl.0

1 of these

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...E=PROD_META&CNTKEY=storehome/pg_storehome.jsp

and 3 of these

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...E=PROD_META&CNTKEY=storehome/pg_storehome.jsp

and some pipe to join themand a cap to top it off ( i would use another elbow at the top and hook a valve to it horizontally )

homedepot are hackers, none of those links went anywhere specific.

thorilan said:
need to see a diagram of your case and stuff in it and see how you want to mount and plumb it.

a bip2 or xflow2 will be nearly the same unless you can plumb it for shorter tubing runs then im betting with a WW the extra flow will help you out more
How would a '77 Bonneville HC perform with high wattage output devices like the x1900 coupled with a moderate-low output CPU (*cough* E6600 *cough*)?

Would I expect near ambient temps with low delta t, or would above ambient temps and high delta t ensue?

HC mount for situation purposes:
Horizontal mount on top of case
Air movement (downwards)
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

-------------
HEATERCORE
-------------
|2x PanafloM1As @ 12v|
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
PC HERE

Pump: MCP350 (18w) with flow mod
Blocks: Apogee, MCW60

Would a BIP2 perform the same or would one or the other have an advantage?
Sorry for those crude drawings

Last edited:
Back