• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So...what does this mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atomicfire

Registered
Here's my setup:

P4 3.2E SL7PN @ Stock speeds\volts

120mm CoolingWorks Coolrad
DanderDen D5@Max + TDX 1/2in
T-Line\Zerex\DanderDen Green Dye

The little foam piece that seals in the accelerator plate fell off and was clogging my block...which explains the insaine high temps I was getting lately. I took it apart, and took the accelerator plate out and the little foam piece out, and now my temps are a little lower, but still too high!

At idle, i'm getting 56C, at load i'm hitting 62C with an ambient of 23C, thats a 6C difference! I was getting better temps with a Zalman CNPS9500 with a idle of 48C and a load of 58C!

A change of temp this large - does this mean:
1. My block is not taking heat away quick enough
2. My rad is not removing heat quick enough from the water
3. I'm not getting enough flow
4. Lack of accellerator plate on TDX = bad = stoopid

I just ordered an accellerator plate set from FrozenCPU, so i'm getting some new parts in :)

atomicfire said:
A change of temp this large - does this mean:
1. My block is not taking heat away quick enough
2. My rad is not removing heat quick enough from the water
3. I'm not getting enough flow
4. Lack of accellerator plate on TDX = bad = stoopid

just like taking a terst you can automatically eliminate some of these.

you can cross off #2 immediatly because you where fine before and have done nothing to your rad.

you can also cross off #3 if you have not changed your pump and you know that your cause is the block. it could possibly be something else but not likely since you saw a change after removing the plate.

number 1 is redundant with number 4 so they could be combined with the word BECAUSE to make a longer sentance.

odds are its number1/4

i would use another accelerator plate AND check to see if any tiny bits of debri or even parts of the plate have gotten clogged in the block. since you took the plate out that means you have opened up the block already so you should be able to see but also check the inside of the output arb as well.

the rbx needs the plate to function because that is how it was designed to get heat away from the center by accelerating the fluid

OP: Make sure you're getting the replacement neoprene hold-down. DD is aware of the problem some people were having with the older hold-down becoming water-logged, shrinking and allowing the accelerator plate to move around.

Back