• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling System Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntmanMike

I am looking for parts suggestions for a new watercooling system to replace my loud air cooled one.

Criteria:

Under $200
Can purchase all parts at the same place online
Easy to assemble

The winner receives absolutely nothing.

well i dont know how much power your p4 puts out but i got a $55 evercool WC-301 on my socket 754 sempron 2500+ and under normal 1.4ghz clock theres only a 3c raise in temp between idle and full load for over a hour and at 2.11ghz theres only a 4c rise in temp. cheap very easy to hook up and comes with everything and the temps might be better but i got mine taken apart and put in my system like a normal wc set up lol. temps should be better if mounted outside but for $55 this kit worked for me great.

Suprisingly, it must come with it's own mounts -- I 'destroyed' the P4 mouts when installing the SP-94... this is also referring to the entire system, not just a waterblock.

it comes with everthing p4 mounts k8 and k7 tuveing for inturnal and exturnal everything but water. right now when used with AS5 "i dident use the stuff it came with" my smepy 2500+ oc'ed to 2.11ghz is at 28c my mobo is 30 and theres only a 4c climb for full load and my rooms hot at about 76-77 deg. i dont have my exhust fan in yet so the temps should drop a little when i put it back in.

in my oponion its worth $54 and does a nice job on some of the processors that aint 5.8ghz and 110+ watts mines only 67 watts i baleave and its doing a good job cooling it.

heres a review http://www.tech-mods.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&op=newreview&id=35

:welcome: to wcing. :beer:

If its your first time wcing, then yeah it would be " easier" to buy a kit. But let me advise, I bought a kit too. Got impatient and didnt heed the waringings on these forums. Stay away from thermaltake and the kits like it. Now if someone like Naz or Flip and Thor say a kit is ok from a certain place. You can trust them. I really trust thier opinions now. I've learned alot from the people here. Just make sure its the one you really want. If there is a part to change out of the original kit. Then heck ya I would do it. The top end kits like the one from DangerDen are good ones. They pretty much have all you need. But, for the price you could build a really nice setup just by ordering you own seperate parts.

Stephen

As for kits, DangerDan and Swiftech kits are not really kits per say. They are just bundled components and very good components as a matter of fact.
If you want to go the easy route and spend few $ more then the Swiftech Apex kit is the best choise around, thats basically some of the best components you can find but I think my suggestion above is far better value.

Flipmode's dd combo kit would be an ideal choice. Here's another that i think it pretty good:

D5 pump + AquaExtreme Whitewater ~ 105 bucks. the only con is that its a 3 barb design but based on reviews, it should be on par with the TDX if not better.
BIPII is a solid choice for radiator and ideal with low CFM fans.
Toss in some Masterkleer tubing and a T-line, and you're probably looking at around 150 bucks.

Back