• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800/1900xt OC's with water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TDubbs05

So i've got an 1800xt currently running on the stock air w/ a little fan mod. It's OCed at 700mhz on the ram and 800mhz on the mem. I'm considering water cooling but i want to know if it'd even be worth it. For those of you running one (or 2) of these beasts (1800 or 1900) on water, what are you guys OCing to?

yeah that's what i'm using now. atitool is so much better than coolbits. (voltage control, fan control, profiles you name it)... just one more reason to go ATI! mine heats up to 80C now. It'd just like to know how big of OCs people are getting with water. I'm pondering about water cooling but not sure it's even worth it so some hard facts from people with these cards would def help.

Get a good peltier(not 80w) and some nice ramsinks and youll notice a huge improvment.

comon adam hes not asking for a pelt system here.

I cant speak about a x1900 but my 9800pro would get 400mhz on Copper Air Cooling. I attached a cpu fan to it. When i moved to water it wasnt that great of a differnence maybe 410mhz. If your still running stock heatsink there will be an improvment with clocks, im just not sure how much of one.

my clocks never went beyond 700mhz, but it dropped my load temp by a whopping 55 C

hmm well water isn't looking too promising for the money it'd be worth right now. I think w/ my next setup i'll run a 3 fan rad on the top of my case pushing in. good? Now how worth it is it too cool the NF4 chipset?

TDubbs05 said:
Now how worth it is it too cool the NF4 chipset?
It should already be cooled. Extra cooling is not necessary unless you're gonna run very high fsb (which may require extra chipset voltage).

Back