• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redid the loop and MUCH better temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I took everything out of my Stacker 830 and put everything back in my Mountain Mods case and I mean everything. Double H/C with 4x120 Panaflos in push/pull, 5 hard drives, 2 PSUs etc. and I an getting much better temps. (4c on CPU, 9 on GPU, and 12 on chipset) It took my from 11 a.m yesterday until 10 p.m and two hours today to finish it. I was worried I may have cracked the chipset because I wasn't thinking about the pressure when I put the block on. I was just being paranoid. She fired right up.

I went from this:

picture82fc.jpg

To this:

10000190xs.jpg

I like how I mounted the pump:

10000109gm.jpg

And the front:

10000219ut.jpg

All the mess inside when it is done:

10000260ee.jpg

For those wondering if a Maze 4 chipset block fits on an Ultra-D. Sure it does, you just have to use the bottom PCI-E 16x slot. The top is now unusable:

10000091qf.jpg

And the temps:

new4zg.jpg

How did you have the fans blowing in the old case? Case air through rad or fresh air through rad?

Nice setup, the case looks pretty cool, and those temp drops are amazing, all about the circulation huh. I'm working on my own project now, links in my sig, and it would be awesome if i could get those temps, I'm only going to be cooling the CPU and GPU.

I had fresh air through rad, but I was only using 2x120 is push...with no shroud. I was using a BIX2 X Flow as well since the double H/C wouldn't fit in the front of the case. It was about 1/2" too wide. That Primoflex is the bomb. The bad thing is everything sticks to it, dust, hair, paper. :) It does bend like a mother though.

Awesome job, and primoflex is the bomb. How did you get your geforce to recongize in mbm? i have a 6800 also but cant figure it out.

Back