• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you guys think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorilan

im thinking of offering to make a few hybrid Tline / res for people to use in thier comps so that they can have a quality air trap/ fill port and configure the average system using a single pass or even dual pass rads better.

i am using pvc and can configure them so that you canhave a ball valve or not . i have some parts or actually everything i need to make 1 now with 1/2 ID barbs so i can just put the parts together but need to see the individual case and where the pump is so i can determine the direction of the parts because they would be fixed in place and un alterable for direction ( you could change barbs to smaller or larger)

they will not be clear i dont think . have to research the bonding agent on certian types of clear pipe . its possible some of the it could be but would probly cost more .
otherwise using regular white pvc i can make them easily .

anyone interested in guinny pigging one for shipping and near cost.
im not talking about selling this one for profit as its just a test for anyone that wants to try it and see what the think.

i would take some pics but i cant seem to get my system to play nice with memory sticks or usb devices that are classified as storage atm ( room mates camera and i havent researched to much on how to fix problem)

That sounds like a marketable idea to me. No I wouldn't buy it, I made my own T line. You should check if there are any patents out for that yet. A T line in the radiator and sold as one item would be good, but a PVC T line that fits onto existing radiators in an elegant way would tap into the existing market. Something to think about.

it can not fit into a rad.
and there is no patents for what im proposing

its just instead of a tline or res
specificaly designed to reduce tubing runs on vertically oriented systems where people have thier pumps at the bottom of the loop

When I read res I read rad (tongue twister). :beer:
So in my post substitute reservoir for radiator and the post is still the same.

I'm surprized there is very little interest. I was going to also present my idea, but for something like this, but there seems to be little interest. I designed mine to use copper pipe, but because of all my hw, i have not gotten around to actually building one yet. Also, wouldnt shipping be expensive from japan?

I think somehow you are going to have to find a way to get pics posted for people to see what your concept is. It would be a lot better to gauge interest this way. Also, you must admit that PVC isn't exactly the most stylish thing going these days. People tend to go for their clear stuff with UV lights over function. If this wasn't the case, thermaltake would have long been out of business. But, a pic is worth a thousand words...

What is the issue with the media stick and the usb issue that are not "playing friendly"? I can see a camera hooked up via usb having driver issues, but using a usb card reader should work regardless as XP has built in drivers for that. I have yet to see a usb card reader not work on any XP system (provided the comp in question is running XP).

BTW- Thor is in Florida now.

Last edited:
I might be interested... I've been having trouble with my pump sucking air bubbles in from my res so I'm thinking about moving to a T line... I'm interested for some more information and maybe some pics about what you're talking about.

Interested. As I do not have a new rez yet. I've never used a tline so that would be new to me. I'd like to see what your talking about. It sounds interesting.

ok going to put some pics up of basic idea.

there is no tube yet but in between the pieces there will be 3/4 ID pvc

Attachments

• airtrap1.JPG
    airtrap1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 153
to simplify i will rotate it so you would see how it fits inside the case vertically

Attachments

• airtrap1rotated.JPG
    airtrap1rotated.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 145
here is it with air outlet rotated.

keep in mind that all the positions can be rotated to accomodate location of pump and best angle for tubing to attach without kinking. BUT it can only be done once because it gets afixed in place permenantly so need a overhead topical view of pc layout and a side view and back veiw to tailor systems . the advantage is door mounted single pass rads

It's nothing more than a simple T/RES fill & bleed port assembly. If you use it as thorilan would recommend, this unit would simplify the fill bleed process, taking the advantages of using a res and combining it with something a T user can appreciate.

Great simple product thorilan, I sure could have used something like that a few months back! =)

im also trying to use its height advanatage to reduce tubing and it works great for reducing tubing by more than half on some systems.

later if i have time ill make a couple diagrams to show it at various positions inside a case. have to study for tommarows test so might not get to it

and for colours you can always get some pvc compatible spray paint ... neon, black.....
... and/or leave that mid section for clear 3/4" vinyl hose if the top is supported ....

Back