• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

acrylic block bracket...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

hey guys.
i have ( well its int he post office depot) d-tek white water cpu block
but i need to make a mounting bracket for it ( for a socket 775 mobo)
i have some 1/4'' acrylic but im ever so worriesd about it snapping when i apply pressure to it
am i just being paranoid ? or should i use somethign else like aluminium ?

Rick

Thats how i got my maze4 socket 775 compatible. Its two sheets of acrylic epoxied toghter.

IM001101.JPG

on second thoughs ( frustration)
i think ill make it out of steel... the acrylic is near impossible to cut without shattering !

ive started cutting one from about 1.5mm sheet steel and its cutting a little easier... id still prefer an acrylic one though

i may give the acrylic anothe go and some more time/ patience :)... just wish i had a belt saw or summit

I always use a table saw or compound mitre saw with a high-tooth plywood blade, or a jig saw on slow speed. It is awfully hard to shatter 1/4" acrylic.

the dremel cut mine like butter. I was using a normal cutting wheel and the dremel on the high setting.

what 'dremel' bits are you guys using ?
i can pick something up at work on saturday i suppose.
at the moment ive been usifn a cut off wheel with little successes.
as a modeler im expected to have the full range of bits... but im not a great fan of rotary tools :(
cheers for the input guys. im gonna ahve a look down the shops in a few hours, if not ill get summit at work

Back