• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD TDX vs Storm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiGfever

I have the DD TDX w/brass top, will the Storm give me that much better temps and is it worth spending the money to change?
Thanks...

only you can say how much you value the improvement to dollar ratio.

if you have money burning a hole in oyur pocket then go for it. but if you are on a budget that would be an expencive upgrade for the performance since the temps will have only minor effect on your OC compared to upgrading something like ram

Thanks for the replies, I am new to water-cooling and there is so much to learn. I have really enjoyed and learned from the posts here, there are some really smart people on this forum and the fact that they are willing to share that info says a lot.

:welcome: SIG.

From what I have learned by reading posts written by those who know, like Thorilan and a few others, you may enjoy less than ideal performance while using both of those rads. The Storm really shines in a high pressure loop, and having 2 BIPs instead of one BIPII may be counter-productive as you are losing some of the pump's head. If you go for it, or have ordered it already, let us know how it turns out.

Whether the change is worth it is something only you and your wallet can decide. ;) However, I went from a TDX (in a two rad loop so I can’t say that things were optimal) to a Storm rev.1. The difference across the full range of operating temps is like night and day. Again, considering the differences in the respective loops, it’s possible that the increased performance can be at least partially attributable to other things as well, but the Storm has been a great addition to my loop in general.

thorilan said:
only you can say how much you value the improvement to dollar ratio.

if you have money burning a hole in oyur pocket then go for it. but if you are on a budget that would be an expencive upgrade for the performance since the temps will have only minor effect on your OC compared to upgrading something like ram

I love your advice! Your a great asset to the forum. I wish more people would compare the dollar amount of an upgrade with the performance gain!

Perium said:
I love your advice! Your a great asset to the forum. I wish more people would compare the dollar amount of an upgrade with the performance gain!

I'm not trying to be a smartypants or anything, but what thorilan said you should know already.

I have already built the system and wanted to put the rads inside the case. I guess that a different model/brand of rad would have been a better choice. What do you recommend for a replacement?
Thanks...

img0999large4mr.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like a better routing for the tubing, this is my first attempt and all I did was follow the video on Danger Den site. There is also a top blow-hole rad.

Will this also help with the performance?

shorter tubing always helps and with your pump at the lowest point and res at the highest point you will bleed faster and have your components in the best order because air flows with the flow of liquid not against it so it should stop at the top

oh btw you can mount your pump or not but can turn it so the inlet is facing up and pump output is facing horizontaly. you could even make it do a 45' angle

Thanks for the advice, I think that I am having more fun tearing it apart and redoing it than letting it run. ;)

When everything is working fine I get bored with it and want to redo something.

Back