• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cpu block or is this one good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hi all,
i just bought a aquagate system from coolermaster which arrived today. now it had a cpu block of its own and this is the more expensive version.
LINKY
77a060033866e21b0490776678c1a3fe.jpg

now is this one good enough or do i have to get a better one from the store. if so tell me which one.

I had a guy order one from SVC, but he said it "cracked" after a few months. Assuming that it did and that he wasn't trying to scam us lol.

Innovatek makes some good 1/4" ID water blocks.

Crack?! Wow I just sold my TDX for Nexxos Alphacool XP full copper. Couldn't get a good night sleep before.

this one came straight from the factory and was provided as a luxury because they wanted some more fame in the netherlands. i ordered a aquagate watercooling system and normally it inlcudes a simple 2 plug waterblock, but since this came straight from the factory and they wanted to become more famous(and maybe because im one of the first in the netherlands to order this) it included the premium cpu block. i've read some good reviews about it but if it cracks im gonna get another one..

Find out what kind of warranty they have on the parts.

Hell, that looks pretty good.

Almost a WW knockoff.

im not sure if i could even call it a ww knockoff. The base appears to be somewhat thick and theres no accelerator nozzle. But i guess for 1/4" ID it may work ok since it does not appear to be all that restrictive.

NoodleHead said:
im not sure if i could even call it a ww knockoff. The base appears to be somewhat thick and theres no accelerator nozzle. But i guess for 1/4" ID it may work ok since it does not appear to be all that restrictive.

And the fins are pretty thin. Looks like a normal skived copper heatsink that was hacked up and converted to a waterblock :D

Drinkyoghurt said:
lmao for me it doesnt have to be all that 1337..if it just performs well..atleast keep it under 30c

30c what? What are your ambient temps? And what are you cooling? If you are using this block with that aquagate and any average setup with ambient temps around 25c, you aren't going to get 30c temps even at idle. Mayb 30c water temp :D

This block won't even have a hard time cooling your CPU since it's just a northwood.

If this block is the ideal price for you, go for it.

i already own it -_-'
but will it also handle a amd 4200+, now thats the question..i know northwoods are nice chips(very low amount of heat) i wish they made all chips like this.

Back