• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about water restriction / pressure loss, PIC included.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wc_rocker

Registered
question2ge.jpg

Is there a big pressure lost if I flowed water pass these? as I am currently running low on pressure (Hydor L20 Pump) I kinda need this to replace a segment of my 10mm tubing for flow sensors and res.

Thank you guys.

im assuming that is a res and the top things are the sensors.

are the 2 sides joined because they do not apear to be

its not a huge loss due to restriction if they are joined

The top two things are quick connects, water pass through this, both 2 sides at different directions.

Obviously going from a small tube to a larger res is going to drop your pressure but then when it goes back out it will increase the pressure again. It would kinda depend on pump placement, length of tubing, how many blocks are in the loop, etc. to determine how much pressure drop there will be.

tbh what you have drawn is most likely a waste if those top parts aer quick connects.

you can not use quick conects to bleed air negating the purpose of a res and you are just adding extra resistance to the loop.
instead you could just go straight to the quick connects without the hassle of the container

Back