• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 3rd Party CPU Temp Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fathom1990

MY first saturday job in a computer shop, and a guy is asking what the best CPU temp monitor is? It got me wondering, I don't need one because of NVmonitor, but has anyone got any suggestions?

Usually Speedfan. For a little older hardware, MBM is a better choice but it was discontinued last year or so.

I use hmonitor, but it isn't free.

MBProbe still works great on many boards. NXSensor is another good freebie. S2KCtrl is freee and has temp monitors as well as it's bus disconnect features.

MBM is too bloated. Speedfan takes forever to start up. :rolleyes:

Hi, After recently discovering the name and model number of my Mobo I went on the hunt for a temperature monitor, similiar to what I've seen on the PDF relating to my Mobo. Enough to say could I find it online? No!!

So after reading in here of several, I was delighted to download MB Probe, and after adjusting some of the warnings I can now monitor my machines temperatures! Horah!

Vccp1 / 1.60 (Processer Voltage)
Vtt / 1.49 (Unknown)
+5Vsb / 4.99 (+5V Serial Bus Sensor)
+3.3V / 3.31 (+3.3V Sensor)
+5V / 4.84 (+5V Sensor)
+12V / 12.71 (+12V Sensor)
-5V / -5.30 (-5V Sensor)
-12V / -12.36 (-12V Sensor)
Vbat / 3.22 (Unknown)

Motherboard / 30.0 (Mobo Temperature)
CPU / 45.0 (CPU Temperature)

So really there is only two which I am unsure of, and if people could please comment if my results are healthy or not?

Many thanks in advance, and nice program :D I'm gonna give it an hour playing Americas Army and then I'll check them again!

EDIT : After 45 minutes, numerous beeping, and two crashes of America's Army I think its safe to say that I need to turn down my OC?

Results from MB Probe (After restart)

The beeping is coming from the +5V sensor, which with nothing running is 4.84V ranging up to 5.35V with Americas Army running in the background. Is there any way of checking the stability of this? Or should I post that in the hardware section?

The CPU is at 50.0
Whilst the Motherboard is at 32.0

EDIT : This helps regarding the (unknows) listed above...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=264512

Last edited:
Back