• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick photoshop help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shellshock

This is pretty basic, but being the noob at photoshop, Im having trouble.

What im trying to do is to highlight someones eyes. I want to put the whole pic in grayscale, but leave the eyes color. How would I go about doing this

I thought i could figure it out myself, but after a hour of screwing around with it and googling, im starting to run short on patence. :bang head

Thanks everyone! :)

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but u could trace and copy the eyes onto a new document, put the original into grayscale, put it back to CMYK, then paste the eyes back onto it. And of course, keep an original copy of the picture u plan on manipulating.

I concur ;) just roughly trace round they eyes, put them on a blank new document and spend a few mins neatening them up afterwards.

I think the better way to do this is to select the eyes using the magnetic lasso tool while holding down shift(so you can select both eyes at once). Then go to select>inverse and everything but the eyes will be selected. then go to image>Adjustments>desaturate and everything will go to grayscale except the eyes. Make sure you are working in RGB mode and not CMYK or else it will give you a wierd sepia tone look to it when you deaturate. To do that go to image>mode>RGB. Hope that helps. If you need any other help or are unclear about anything let me know

Last edited:
Back