• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice Pro vs. BIP Gen Two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive a bit about the gen two's and apperently they have vastly improved the fins and surface area.

my guess is that they'll perform better with higher rated fans but will be rediculously expensive.

The current trend with radiators is to make them more functional without the having to be 3 to 4 times more expensive than a comparable core. Let's hope this approach continues with the GT's.

I saw somewhere a thread where people were preordering them and the prices started at $100 for a single, $130 for a double and $160 for a tripple, and these were the standard Black Ice GT dual pass.

It was on a Spanish-speaking forum so I didn't get all the details, but the prices were in $ so unless they were way off or they're cheaper in the US I definatly will not be getting one!

soloz2 said:
I saw somewhere a thread where people were preordering them and the prices started at $100 for a single, $130 for a double and $160 for a tripple, and these were the standard Black Ice GT dual pass.

It was on a Spanish-speaking forum so I didn't get all the details, but the prices were in $ so unless they were way off or they're cheaper in the US I definatly will not be getting one!
The mass order being held here shows those exact same prices.

but this site reports a much lower price

Maybe because the mass order does not contain a certain amount of orders, they are not able to obtain a discount on bulk purchasing.

I still have yet to see HwLabs provide any data on the GT's, but lots of claims regarding performance with no data to back it up. If they are going to claim increased fin density = higher airflow, lower noise and higher heat dissipation at least show us some data and a test methodology.

To the best of my knowledge only CoolingWorks and Swiftech own respectable test benches...

Until I see some data on the GT. I'd put my money on our CoolRads with 12FPI

Last edited:
The fact that the data has never been there have been reiterated over & over again vastly on different forums and by different people. Just that many people just don't get it. Marketing & *bling* factors seemed to matter so much more than the actual performance nowadays and it's sad.

Omg..... this is sweet :santa: it even has tapped mounting holes, i'm sure ALOT of us are happy about that :) I'm deffinitly getting a 360GT when its available!

-aDaM^ said:
Omg..... this is sweet :santa: it even has tapped mounting holes, i'm sure ALOT of us are happy about that :) I'm deffinitly getting a 360GT when its available!

Your posts makes me remember how pumped I was when I first went water, which is cool. :D

If I can ditch the BIX2 I have in my Stacker for a BI GTS 120 XFlow, I'm all for it. Maybe I can stick one of those Scythe 120mm fans on it and truly experience quiet watercooling. I'd finally be able to use the HD cage with the rubber mounts. Lookin forward to these when they come out. Hopefully some of the people who love to test these things will do so. I also hope they don't cost an arm and a leg either.

Here is a reply on a question how do GT radiators perform compared to gen 1:

Practical numbers: at 200W of heatload, and using 72cfm 28db fans, the GTS120 maintains a dT of 7.8C.

This means that it has a 0.8-1.5C better performance than the Pro and will be as good as the Xtreme using lowflow fans.

Quiet and high performance.

The immitation radiators coming from China perform up to 2.5C less than the Black Ice. There is real science and effort that goes into optimizing a radiator to yield 15-35% more.

From what I read the whole purpose of them so you can use a fan with 100 CFM or less right?
One thing about BIX I like is how they are rated. These rads are not

Back