• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SCHOOL PROJECT! need some help guys!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

Ok let me explain my situation first. I had watercooling about 1.5 years ago and loved it(in a socket A system). I plan on going back water with my new a64 rig but first I had a few ideas. I am currently doing the cisco program at my tech school(half day junior and senior year of high school) and the first year is general computers networking electronics, and I needed a topic for my end of the year report. So I am planning on watercooling my system taking a ton of pics and making that into my report(of coarse writing about watercooling). But,first I have a few questions since I have been out of the "loop"(no pun intended) for quite some time.

I have the folling parts from my previous watercooling system

Ehiem 1250 Pump

Custom welded heatercore(don't know what type of car it came from,my uncle fixes repo'd cars and sells them to dealers so he hooked me up with a few for my selection)

5/8" hose(A while ago everyone was going nuts over this hose from a plumbing supply place so I bought about 12')

Hydrex"Heavy Duty Coolent" made by swiftech

Some of those springy type things that you put around the hose so they don't kink.

T line and many assorted clamps ect.

Now the plan! and Questions I have!

I have a Danger Den maze4 GPU block that i used for my 9800 pro at the time. I was wondering if this will fit my Asus 7800gt (I would put ramsinks on)

Which CPU block do you recommend? ($50 MAX!!!)

I plan on making this an external setup. If ANYONE has any links pics how to's ect on external boxes that I could gather some idea's from I will have your babies :D

The plan is to go pump>rad>-TLINE-cpu>GPU(if possible>res>pump

I have a hollow Antec p-160(I think its been 3 years ill look on newegg for it)
That housed my internal setup using this pump and rad and it was quite cramped to say the least.

I plan on having 1 input line going through the case and 1 output line going through the case to keep it simple.

If anyone can suggest what i need to order,buy,make please tell me or any tips,I will be reading up on the forums for idea's and facts as I always do when I make something computer wise :)

Here is a ghetto pic of what I had in mind. Tell me if you think anything is wrong

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6567/wcpics2su.jpg

^Btw my craftsmanship is A LOT BETTER THAN MY PAINT SKILLS!

I am assuming that when you say 5/8" hosing, you mean 1/2" I.D. and 5/8" O.D.

The pump you have at the moment should do fine, no need to go buy another pump for the Ehiem 1250 is a mighty AC pump.

Hydrx rules, I love the stuff and won't go with anything else. It's simple, performs well, and is inexpensive. Since your not new to the scene, you don't need to buy Fluid XP which is non-conductive, so you should just stick with Hydrx.

For a CPU block I would recommend a Swiftech Storm, but since your budget is $50.00, go with a Swiftech Apogee. A budget block that gives great results.
And maybe you should order from FrozenCPU.com since your in NY.

The heatercore will probably be fine, would help if you knew the type and for which car, but hey, I didn't even know what kind of heatercore I bought from EBay and it still worked. Can it fit 2 120mm fans on it?

You probably shouldn't have both a T-line and a reservoir in your loop. And since you said space is limited, best you go with a T-line then. BTW: T-line/Res has to go BEFORE the pump.

A way you could mount your heatercore is to mount it outside of your case on the back, cause I believe that the P160 has a 120mm blowhole. You could buy a rad box from Swiftech, and then reroute your tubing into your case.

Looks like your off to a good re-start, so you won't need to have a whole lot of $$$.

And good luck on your internship!

The rad fits 2x120 mm fans and thats for the block recommendation.

ty^Hoping for a nice internship..dunno where yet :D

Ill check out those waterblocks right now

Another waterblock is the danger den TDX/RBX, I have an RBX, it was 50 dollars from dangerden.com, I like the three barb design and it looks really cool.

Back