• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling = worst decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

I finaly put my whole system together and when I try to fill it, it wont fill. I think this may be because I put the T line right after the outlet of the pump and not right before the inlet. BUT seeing as how the inlet is perpindicular to the outlet and the rest of the case, how could i possibly have put it there???

Like this:

tline9ea.jpg

Don't give up on WC man, it's a wonderful thing, and is really great stuff once you get it working.

As with any other OCing and hardware related stuff, it'll take a bit of time man, but it's worth it! Not to mention FUN!

yea i started this casue i thought it was gonna be fun...and my pump is exactly backwards from that pic...thanks for the fast responses and then encouragment....you have no idea how nice it was to hear a few kind words right now...im a pretty smart kid and never do a project like this till i know it inside and out and im 100% sure i can do it. This one is getting really frustrating tho

It is a little hard to get the loop up and running, especially with a T-line. Remember, the pump can only pump water, if air gets to it won't pump at all, plus its bad for the pump.

I found that you need to redo your "T-line" as stated and fill the t-line and bump the pump over, stop the pump, fill the t-line, bump the pump etc. There will be enough liquid in the system to sustain the flow after a several times of this routine. I also found that running the system for a minute and then shutting it down helps speed up the air purging process. JMO

Hey its a Tline, they take forever. I swear it took an evening to fill my small 12oz loop in my shuttle, it just takes keeping busy with other things to fill the loop.

DickH said:
Hey its a Tline, they take forever. I swear it took an evening to fill my small 12oz loop in my shuttle, it just takes keeping busy with other things to fill the loop.

Haha you can't call yourself a watercooler unless you've spent hours filling up your loop with a tiny T-line. :D Think of it as a boot camp!

Seriously though, you could consider moving the T-line to a more favorable position, but have you tried tilting and wiggling things? It seems strange at first maybe, bus as long as you can get some water seeping down to the pump, it can give you the moving start you need.

With the t-line on the outlet side of the pump, it will be pressurized when the pump is running. Your pump will be trying to push the water out of the t-line, instead of trying to suck water in from it. Put your t-line on the inlet of the pump and you'll be fine.

I had to actually put fluid in the rad and in the loop because I had the same problem as you. The fluid in the T would not pump into the loop. After about 5 hours all the large bubbles disappeared into a fine mist at the T which then foamed up because I also used water wetter.

I was asking the same questions as you (OP).

Dont give up on it .... I just started and had alot of problems too. I had trouble filling and I had my CPU block leak onto my vid card and I didnt notice right away (one of the hoses was a little loose in the compression fitting). I didnt even know anything about T-lines at first. Put the T before the inlet to the pump and keep the fluid going in and it will work. I actually got my system filled and all the air out in around 30 mins (that is with a TT aquabay, CPU & GPU block, rad and pump all on 3/8" tubing). Also when it starts getting full some tilt your case around to help get more air out. Just dont give up cause I wanted to but it was a really great feeling when I finally got it all working.

Edit: Dont forget to get a cap ahead of time for your T-line. Right now a AAA battery is capping my 3/8" T-line till I go to Home Depot after work

I'd advise putting at least 3 inches between the T and the pump inlet. When the T is too close to the inlet fitting, you tend to get fairly large air pockets at the inlet, which isn't ideal for the pump. That few inches can also give you a little slack for "wiggling" things around a bit and makes it easy to angle the t-line nearly parallel with the inlet (if you have your pump bolted/taped/otherwise immobilized).

Back