• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU Block Compatibility: Nothing about 6600's!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

I have a 6600GT which I hope to be upgrading to a 7600GT sometime soon, and when looking on the DangerDen website, it says nothing about the 6600 series.
"Series 1 Hold Down:

Nvidia 5900 and earlier cards

ATI X850, X800 and earlier cards

Series 2 Hold Down:

For Nvidia 6800 and 7800 series

For ATI X1800, X1900 Series

Series 2-S Hold Down:

For Nvidia 6800 and 7800 series

For ATI X1800, X1900 Series

Stainless steel "X" included, replaces acrylic "X" "

The 6600GT has the two-hole mounting, so does that mean that series one will work? I have no idea what mounting the 7600GT has....

Thanks!

i don't think there is a WB that supports the 6600GT... Let me check the layout of the card

edit: nope, don't know any waterblocks that would fit that

look into the polarflo tt... it's univeral. I've got one and I've had it on both my 7800GT and my 7900GT.

see how it has oval mounting holes so it can fit just about any card?

img19961315js.jpg

I'm pretty sure it will fit, I haven't put it up side by side to my 6600GT, but I think it'll work.

I'm swapping out my polarflo tt for a maze 4 probably in a week or so, and when I take it off I can hold the block to the back of one of my 6600GT's and let you know if it looks like it'll work.

send me a PM to remind me in about a week if you don't find anything else out

Not to hijack threads but just making 100% sure

"For Nvidia 6800 and 7800 series"
what about 7900's?

7900s use the same hole configuration as the 6800s and 7800s. Just helped a buddy with a 7900gtx and maze 4 with ocz ramsinks...no problems.

maze4 acetal fits 6600. the ati style backplate has two sets of mounting holes, the wider ones are 6600.

and as i've posted at least 6 times, 6800, 7800, 7900, x1800, and x1900 have the same mounting holes.

I have an NV-78 lol, its a monster, Maze is a good cooler but i dont think its compatible with your current card, id say upgrade then get a maze or a swiftech MCW60 or something

I checked and my polarflo tt gpu block is definately compatable with my 6600GT pcie card. my maze 4 did not look compatable, but I do not have the 2 hole mounting backplate for it, just the 4 hole (nv7800)

I have no idea what maze4 you have soloz2, I have seen countless pictures not to mention I own 2 maze4 gpus and ALL of them clearly have the 2 hole mount.
here is a picture of one
product_image.php

the picture is already angled so look at the bottom and top corner, you can clearly see where it sticks out to hold the 2 screw hs design, plus the old two bolt design that ATI and nvidia used in the 3, 4, 5X00, 9 and X series of cards is identical to the one the 6600 uses, just get the Maze4, IT WILL FIT and perform better.
When you order it, Danger Den specifically asks your what you are going to use it on, 6600 and older gen cards, or 6800 and 7 series cards. You can even get BOTH sets of mounting hardware if you want.

Last edited:
Chunkylover763 said:
I have no idea what maze4 you have soloz2, I have seen countless pictures not to mention I own 2 maze4 gpus and ALL of them clearly have the 2 hole mount.
here is a picture of one
product_image.php

the picture is already angled so look at the bottom and top corner, you can clearly see where it sticks out to hold the 2 screw hs design, plus the old two bolt design that ATI and nvidia used in the 3, 4, 5X00, 9 and X series of cards is identical to the one the 6600 uses, just get the Maze4, IT WILL FIT and perform better.
When you order it, Danger Den specifically asks your what you are going to use it on, 6600 and older gen cards, or 6800 and 7 series cards. You can even get BOTH sets of mounting hardware if you want.
Thanks. Dont even know it and you helped me :)

I am needing 2 water blocks for my 2 x 7800 gtx and it seems everyone says the Maze4 are the best to go for is this correct? i have looked ast loads but still unsure what to go for

Chunkylover763 said:
here is a picture of one
product_image.php

I have 2 maze 4 gpu blocks. Both are the current models with acetal top. one is a low profile, and the other is regular.
I got the regular one used and it did not come with the 2 hole mounting plate, and the low profile one I got in the classifieds section here. I did not need the 2 hole mounting hardware so I did not get it (got it cheaper because someone else wanted it) so, I only have the 4 hole mounting hardware for both of my blocks.
That is why I said that with the hardware I have, the maze 4 will NOT fit on a 6600GT, but it may work with the 2 hole mounting hardware, but I could not verify this.

I have an older Maze4 on my 6600gt, no problems except that the hoses come out at a 45 degree angle towards the back of the case...a little awkward but perfectly functional.

the new maze4 low profile which i have on my 7900gtx will mount onto the 6600gt as long as u have the 2 hole mounting plat. both 4 hole and 2 hole mounting backplates and hardware come with the blocks

Back