• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox, any way to get an older version?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Did a basic search through here and didnt see anything so, heres a post!

To be quite honest, Firefox has been doing seriouslly downhill since the mem leak thing. I constantly had problems with that and finally did a format and re-install so thought hey, theyve got it fixed, lets get the new firefox version!
That was a mistake. :rolleyes:
Every single page takes ages to load and when you think its done and click a link its not and jumps to add in some other item/feature/image/text on the page and you click the wrong link, so then you 'go back' and you have to wait for that page to re-load and then click the right link and wait for it to load... hrm... I am about to give the new IE a chance with the way FF is going.

Is anyone else seeing any problems with it or is it me? I thought at first it was an extention I was installing so on the other PC I formated I didnt use any at all for a bit, and it was doing the same frigin thing!!! gawd its pizzin me off.

So, where can I get an older version, I will deal with the friggin memory leak over this.

Honestly I thought it was something within my system at first too. But then the exact same problems were happening on 2 seperate systems. 1 a dual cpu with a gig of ram and the other a 939 with 256. Granted, the 256 could be a cause, but then why does it happen on the dual? Fresh install of OS, no extentions installed on FF, hell, I was downloading the extentions while it was happening! Not installing, downloading.
Dont know.

Thanks for the link, Ill make sure to save the older versions exe's this time around.

Another question, how the hell can you go and do a complete uninstall on FF? I have tried everything I know of, doing the uninstall, deleting the folders & files, editing the registry, which I could easily be missing alot in there.
What am I missing?
I know I am missing something because once I do a re-install, the extra stuff is still there, extentions and bookmarks.
So, what is so obvious that I am missing?

there is an extension for firefox that you can control the cache and mem cache empty them if need be, also, the memory leak is a quote feature and can be shut off via the about:config

IFMU said:
Another question, how the hell can you go and do a complete uninstall on FF? I have tried everything I know of, doing the uninstall, deleting the folders & files, editing the registry, which I could easily be missing alot in there.
What am I missing?
I know I am missing something because once I do a re-install, the extra stuff is still there, extentions and bookmarks.
So, what is so obvious that I am missing?
You'll also need to manually remove the "Profiles" directory under...

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

hmm, that would prolly be what Ive been missing. Knew it was something simple.
Thanks dice, knew there was something for that, just wasnt sure what it was called or to look for.

Thanks everyone for the help, do appreciate it!

Back