• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hide my fins please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdm

Registered
Morning all,

I'm thinking of putting a BIX in the front of my Antec P160, (I'm trying to not put it at the back if I can help it) and cut the front neatly to accomodate it. It's gonna stick out about 1cm from the front of the front panel with the fan in the normal place behind it and I don't really want to see the fins of the rad, so ........question is - what will hide the fins without reducing air flow?? Just something that looks a bit cool, maybe some sort of fan grill, sponge, anything, I know there is some very innovative people out there that can point something out that i've not thought of. If not then I suppose it's back to the original plan with it at the back after all.

All suggestions will be greatly received.

rdm

rdm said:
Morning all,

I'm thinking of putting a BIX in the front of my Antec P160, (I'm trying to not put it at the back if I can help it) and cut the front neatly to accomodate it. It's gonna stick out about 1cm from the front of the front panel with the fan in the normal place behind it and I don't really want to see the fins of the rad, so ........question is - what will hide the fins without reducing air flow?? Just something that looks a bit cool, maybe some sort of fan grill, sponge, anything, I know there is some very innovative people out there that can point something out that i've not thought of. If not then I suppose it's back to the original plan with it at the back after all.

All suggestions will be greatly received.

rdm

Dust filters would be the way to go IMO. Some are really ugly, but some are tolerable. Here is a decent place to start.

Keep us posted and hopefully, some before/after pics. :beer:

R B Customs said:
ladies tights? ( panty hoes in the US i believe :S )

from shopping with my girlfriend i knwo theres all kinds of shades and thicknesses etc.

I can see where you're coming from :clap: but I think I'll stick with the 1st option - ordered some today.

But thanks for the idea anyway,

rdm

R B Customs said:

from shopping with my girlfriend i knwo theres all kinds of shades and thicknesses etc.

and they work well too! :D

Window screen would not totally hide your rad. But would make it less noticable, and would'nt hinder airflow too much.

R B Customs said:

Great idea. That is how we used to shade our headlights on our cars as well :)

Edit: Works best on vw's. Plus I didnt see that you posted this already. DUH..

Back