• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Genuine Validation seems Wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

I'm not sure yet whether the person has had an illegal copy of Windoze installed on the computer, but I don't think he has.

Just last Saturday this person's home computer started saying that the Windoze key was not genuine. The computer is a Dell, and it should not have a volume license of Windoze installed on it, but the details about why the key was not genuine explain that the key was a volume license key (VLK). The problem with this is that it can't get Microsoft updates.

Is it possible that he has a legal copy of Windoze? If so, how can I fix the bug?

The format of the licence numbers between VLK, OEM and retail versions of windows are incompatile.
After discovering if the number installed matches the licence number of this machine, the next thing you can do is obtain another windows oem disk and install again using the correct licence number.

Back