• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dMark03 Freeze Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stormbreaker

Registered
I downloaded the demo of 3dMark03 off of the internet. I installed everything like it should. However, when I run a test, the computer seems to lag up and freeze every now and then. Is there a reason to this? Yesterday I partly got a BSOD. Luckily it said Windows has shut down to prevent damage and to repower your machine. I have a fairly decent video card (see sig) so I dont see what would be the cause.

Assuming you're running either XP or W2K, open Event Viewer (Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc, and click OK), in order to access the error logs and check for any critical errors | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click a couple of the newest crtical errors you've received (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Back