• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling system monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedmonkay

I dont know about you guys but im a nut for info and stats.
They have all these 1U and 2U panels for the front of your PC for air controlled systems. They say the fan speed and case temps and let you adjust fan speed.
I would love something for my system that would tell me water temp, PSI, lph or gph. Is there anything like that out ? I dont think it would be hard to make or would affect the cooling system's performance at all.

there is a water temp monitor made by thermaltake, but a PSI guage would be useless unless its set to 0-2 PSI with like 0.01 increments, and for actual LPH flow, haven't seen any of those bu zalman makes a flow meter to let you know the water is moving

Speedmonkay said:
I would love something for my system that would tell me water temp, PSI, lph or gph.
Flow meter: http://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/index/p1392/1392/60/86 Not really a scientific instrument, but usefull. The paddle wheel is in a 3/8" tube so it's restrictive. I have it on a bypass loop, just for checking.

This is the Thermaltake temp display. http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/2005/watercooling/cl-w0033/cl-w0033.htm It's not bad. I pulled off the sensor holder and epoxied it into a 1/2" PVC tee. Works well.

As for pressure, I just have a 0-10# gage. Reads about 2#.

Oh I forgot about that Thermaltake device. When I was planning my stuff I looked and saw it ... I have the Aquabay M1 that has a flow meter in it (would be awesome if it had a LED in it that got brighter the faster the flow was)

All the stuff on one panel/LCD would be so much more convienient. Im just a data junkie.

so it is safe to say that the water temperature coming out of the block is about the same temperature as the core itself? I am also looking for a way to measure temperature of my cpu. I dont believe my onboard mobo temperature probe.

y2jed_2000 said:
so it is safe to say that the water temperature coming out of the block is about the same temperature as the core itself? I am also looking for a way to measure temperature of my cpu. I dont believe my onboard mobo temperature probe.
I highly doubt that. The water that hits the core will not be able to reach thermal equilibrium with the core/copper fast enough.

Yeah, especially with how fast the water is moving, it can't have 100% heat trasnfer when in contact with the block for less than a 1/10 of a second, if you put your fingers on the in/out tubes they feel about the same temperature, so no highly noticable difference.

Daddyjaxx said:
That Thermaltake device is highly restictive. It may take 3/8 or 1/2 tubing, but the middle between the two connections is 1/4 or less.
The temperature probe is removable and can be remounted (epoxy) into any size tee you desire.

Back