• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Player for WMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

Ok, ive searched and searched and I cannot get the answer. I used to be able to play DVDs on my WMP. USED TO, now after the format, I cannot. I have tried many different decoders, and I do not have a copy of PowerDVD whcih I had used previously. I want to simply be able to pop any dvd in my comp and watch them while I do homework (hehe). Ok, the best DVD decoder for Windows XP WMP is......

Thanks again all!

And you can play any DVD on WMP? Do you have to buy it? Can I use it on my ATI9800pro? is this thread officially beat to a pulp?

You can use any DVD decoder to play it in any compatible clients. I think there is a free MPEG4 decoder at free-codecs.com

X0d1@k said:
Ok, ive searched and searched and I cannot get the answer. I used to be able to play DVDs on my WMP. USED TO, now after the format, I cannot. I have tried many different decoders, and I do not have a copy of PowerDVD whcih I had used previously. I want to simply be able to pop any dvd in my comp and watch them while I do homework (hehe).
Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | MediaPlayer | Player | Settings

Highlight the Settings sub-key | Right click in the RH pane and select New --> String value | Enter a name of EnableDVDUI for the new String value, then press Enter | Right click the new value and select "Modify" | In the Value data field of the "Edit String" dialog that opens, type Yes and then click OK.

redduc900 said:
Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | MediaPlayer | Player | Settings

Highlight the Settings sub-key | Right click in the RH pane and select New --> String value | Enter a name of EnableDVDUI for the new String value, then press Enter | Right click the new value and select "Modify" | In the Value data field of the "Edit String" dialog that opens, type Yes and then click OK.

nice, I will try that, but I have downloaded the codec pack that was suggested earlier, but I will definetely keep this registry entry and use it in the future. Sounds great, and thanks alL!

Back