• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton IS05 Product Activation Sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

The last 2 weeks I have had problems with my Windows XP I re-created a slipstreamed version 4 days ago and installed it. But the problem was after I installed Internet Security 05 and updated it the whole thing was sending me problems left-right & centre.

In the end I decided to re-create another CD this time without messing with the tweaks and remove components part. I just added SP2 & all the updates I had backed-up along with drivers for my card and motherboard.

I installed it and it worked perfectly when installing IS05 and activating it it said my key is maxed out. After calling them for 10mins 4 of which was waiting the guy on the other end nearly got all my details wrong. He said he sent me an e-mail and this is what they want me to do.

1) Provide packaging of the product
2) Provide proof of purchase
3) Provide if downloaded the download key or something

That's just the icing on the cake there's loads more how am I supposed to provide the packaging send them a picture. I now have to purchase a new copy of IS05 cause this legit copy won't re-activate. The stupid call centre won't pick up the phone and why is it that they get people in call centre's who can't understand english very well no offence.

Back