• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound in IE6 nor Firefox on a Win XP SP2 system :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

In the last 2 days , I noticed that Windows update did an automatic install of some files ,and that also Firefox updated itself to version 1.5.0.3. So last night I went online to watch some google videos and there was no sound, I am able to watch the videos in both browsers but there is no sound. My pc seems fine as I can still listen to MP3s and play games with sound.

So the problem seems to be whatever controls the sound for the browsers, but I've never seen this happen to anyone before :confused:

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Try this it may work, click Start > Control Panel, and in the Control panel double click Internet Options, click on the Advanced tab at the top of the dialog box and make shure there is a tick in the box for Play sounds in web pages under Multimedia, then click OK.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
d.chatten said:
Try this it may work, click Start > Control Panel, and in the Control panel double click Internet Options, click on the Advanced tab at the top of the dialog box and make shure there is a tick in the box for Play sounds in web pages under Multimedia, then click OK.

Hope this helps!

Worked! :beer:

Back