• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what CPU block do you have on your P5WD2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

what CPU block do you have on your P5WD2-E

just trying to get an idea of what blocks will fit this board. to my disapointtment the Dtek white water doesnt :(

so go a head... what fits?
preferably 3 barbed blocks :)

Last edited:
cool. im presuming the caps around the socket on the non -E model are the same height as on the -E model yea?
or does the RBX just clear them alltogether?

anyone got any different blocks on their boards?

I have a TDX but would prefer the Storm.

Edit: Resistance was futile....I ordered the Storm rev. 2 today! :)

Last edited:
made a big mistake guys... all this depends on the hight of the caps around the socket... can someone confirm that the caps on the P5WD2 are HIGER than the level of the CPU IHS ?
thanks so far !

all the 3-barb blocks suck compared to the new generation of 2-barb blocks

the dangerden RBX will fit, but its a hunk of crap (yes) compared to something like the Swiftech Storm, AquaExtreme MP-05, or even the Swiftech Apogee, which are basically the 3 best blocks out right now, and they only have two barbs

but on most LGA775 boards, the block will either need a stepped base, or a base thats small enough to avoid the capacitors

I personally have a LRWB Storm G5 (same base area as the WW... and its the best block in the world besides the G7, and it only has 2 barbs :)), and it requires a stepped base to work w/ most LGA775 motherboards due to cap placement around the socket

i cant really afford to spend £50 on a waterblock though

does anyone know ith the AquaXtreme MP-05 SP ( no3 jets) fits onto the board?
those blocks seem to be a bit cheaper and perform VERY close to the storm
cant seem to find a home page for aquaxtreme

Back