• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evaporation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedmonkay

If my cooling on the rad isnt good enough could everything get warm enough and water evaporate ?

I finished hooking up everything last Sunday. But every day I keep tilting my case back a little and some air come out my rad. Every 2 days Im adding a little more water to the T-line (about 6" of water on 3/8" ID tubing). So is it just normal ? or is my stuff getting to hot ?

Sounds your having the same trouble as me at the mo'
I think what's happening is that when the air gets moved (when you tilt the case) it goes through the pump and blocks, makes a load of noise then seems to run clear, it's actually just getting trapped again in the rad, so all seems well until you move it again, I'm putting a microres in to make it easier when bleeding. Thought I could get away with a T but obviously I need a res and would suggest you do the same because with a res when the air gets moved to it, it comes out of the loop, but with a T most of it just shoots past and ends up back where it came from.

HTH,

rdm

actually I have a TT Aquabay M1 on my system and when the air goes through it either goes up the T-line or into the tank on the Aquabay M1. The Aquabay M1 has actually kept the same water level the whole time - about 1 - 1.5 cm from the top. The T-line water level keeps going down so I know the airl is going up there.

As long as your loop is closed water can't avaporate and any decline in the water level means air is getting moved.

its normal for the level to drop after a few months due to evaporation through the tubing. It should only be a minimal amount though. Roughly a few (ml) at most. Since you just put the system together, I would presume that all the air was not fully bled from the radiator. It sometimes takes a few days for some T-line systems, hopefully thats what is happening to you.

Last edited:
Water will drop very slightly due to evaporation, through the tubing and tiny cracks in your connections.

If the water level is dropping 1 inch + per day you either have a leak or your system was not fully bled and is now bleeding. If after a week or two you still have the water level dropping that much I'd consider it a problem.

I'm assuming you already leak tested to rule that one out.. if its leaking that much you would surely notice the water somewhere.

It's totally normal, most new T-line users freak out about this because they think they have a leak or evaporation problems, the reason it goes down is because microscopic bubbles are still being pushed out of the system. Just keep adding coolant until it stops, it's just part of bleeding your system. Also, evaporation is impossible in a closed loop system, you might lose like 1 or 2 milliliters every 6 months because of the water going through the tubes but this is natural too, it kind of sweats but its to little for the naked eye to see.

happened to me on my first loop, I had a T-line that was not that efficient and air would just be going round and round...took me a month to bleed out all the air of my rad while I was freaking out about a possible loop. Tilted my case abour 5-10 degrees with a book and all the remaining air bled in matter of 2-3 days. and remember that every inch of 1/2"I.D. T-line is about 10ml of water, which is not that much considering the total volume of water present into your loop.

Last edited:
Tekko said:
happened to me on my first loop, I had a T-line that was not that efficient and air would just be going round and round...took me a month to bleed out all the air of my rad while I was freaking out about a possible loop. Tilted my case abour 5-10 degrees with a book and all the remaining air bled in marrer of 2-3 days. and remember that every inch of 1/2"I.D. T-line is about 10ml of water, which is not that much considering the total volume of water present into your loop.

I thought about using a book to tilt it. It would be alot easier than every hour or 2 going and tilting the case and watching most the water bubble race through the T-line and only a couple go up.

Back