• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would I make a shroud for this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The1jchr1st1an

Registered
In the interest of being cheap I thought I'd purchase a heater core as opposed to a radiador. I thought this would make a good heater core. It has 1/2" tube fittings and the dimensions aren't gigantic. The only question is how would I make a shroud for it?

you can use a 77 bonneville heater core w/o ac and it fits 2 120mm fans very nicely. You can use some cheap plastic containers from target to make a shroud

Friend with acess to a lazer cutter + metal press = nice aluminum dual shroud that matches my Lian-Li. :D

I'll post some pics if I can locate some batteries for the digicam.....

man, if I had know, I would have taken pics.I just constructed a shroud for a bonne HC, and I've already painted 1 coat.Bottom line is, you dont need to see my pics....buy a shroud or use the Tupperware suggesting.It was so much trouble making my shroud(especially when I had no flux).

I used a cut out of the fan size, set it on a roll of duct tape, wraped it with aluminum foil and used Fiber Glass repair kit to make the shroud.......

Got the kit at Wallys Mart, for like 10-11 bucks

Not really pretty, but effective.......:) :)

Back