• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleech II Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

downer

Has anyone used or even seen a review on the Sleech II waterblock from becooling/aquastealth.com? I've been curious about this block for awhile.

downer said:
Has anyone used or even seen a review on the Sleech II waterblock from becooling/aquastealth.com? I've been curious about this block for awhile.

I googled it to death and I haven't found anything. Any idea when it came out? If it has been months, it's weird that no one has reviewed it and published the results where one could find them in a quick search.

I hope their QA 'dept.' is better than their advertising 'dept'. Photo.
They made a point to include the brand name, but either attached the top upside-down, or inverted the image prior to posting it to their web page. Who would do the latter?

Is it just me, or is that one lonely hex-bolt, holding the top on, directly above the die look like a potential design flaw? I wonder how much heat it transfers to the plastic top? Will tightening the top on both sides warp the lid to the point of leakage?

Good points on the design. The block has been around awhile, but I'm not sure exactly when it debuted. Their previous blocks seemed to have a better construction quality to them. I think they had more recognition in the socket A glory days.

PC Cooler makes great air cooling products but their water cooling products aren't so hot... er cool. ;)

I was always under the impression aquastealth made the sleech WB, I guess not though.

Nope, they have a link at the bottom of the description to PC Cooler. Their water cooling line is apparently called Shui Leng which is Cantonese for Dragon Well.

http://www.pccoolerus.com/product/product_shuileng.htm

The Dragon Well (as the story goes) was a well owned by a master sword smith in China who told people that the well's water was what made his swords so good. As a result, people flocked to the well and setup hut sized forges. The majority of the forges made mostly cruddy swords. A good Dragon Well sword will make an excellent weapon however. The problem is trying to figure out which ones are good ;). Anyways, the allusion in this case fits it as these blocks are probably middle rate waterblocks.

Back