• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water temp auto fan controler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicdrive

does anyone have a diagram or web link to build or buy a water temp fan controler that is at a good cost i need it to ramp the fan speed up and down as the temp goes up and down any help would be wonderfull and i would be grateful

I think this would be pretty pointless to use a fan based on water temps. I had two probes in my loop at one time; one exiting the CPU block and one exiting the rad. The temps were always just a few degrees above ambient and at most 2c of each other.

what i need is a controler to ramp the fan speeds up and down when the water temp goes up and down i want this to control the sound levels of the system
you may see point less i see it as something that i want to install in my system so if anyone knows about one i will be gratefull

Well, thats not really a good way to accomplish what you're trying to do. Water temperature changes in lesser variance than CPU temperature does.

You can use a program called speedfan to do what you want so long as your fans are connected to the motherboard headers. Google it and download it.

Back