• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump For Storm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Im about to buy a Storm, and I hear they really thrive off of pressure. What would be the best way to go, either two D5's or one big pump (Iwaki) ?

I am going for absloute lowest temps.

The Storm will perform good with a Eheim 1048, you don't need hardcore pumping power.

Single D5 is more then enough, 2 in series is overkill.

Iwaki = insanly overkill.

btw, you won't notice a difference in temps between 1 D5 / 2 D5's / Iwaki rd-30 , md-20rz ect....

MABY 0.5*C at most.

gl :beer:

mine runs fine on setting 4 on D5
But better head and flow rate do not hurt so get the Iwaki if you want.
I think the D5 has 12' head max and 1200 l/h flow rate. However, don't be fooled its head max that's most important.
The only thing about the higher in Iwaki that you need to be concerned with is the added heat. From what I recall reading in other threads its some where around 50Watts. However, if you use the larger rads (that need 3 fans each at least 75 CFM each) you should be fine. I wish I could buy one here in the states.

I got a Iwaki 20 and just a dual heatercore and it's chugging along just nicely...Ok the casing my get warm if it's in a dead spot but a littler airflow goes a long way. And here are my stats Ambiant 21-22C (digital thermostat controld temp) idle 23c/25c(rad fan at 12V/7V) load 28c/30c (rad fan at 12V/7V). Cathar said himself that the best pump for the little river G4/storm was the Iwaki 30-RTZ so going with a 20 serie would be perfectly fine.

Tekko said:
Cathar said himself that the best pump for the little river G4/storm was the Iwaki 30-RTZ so going with a 20 serie would be perfectly fine.
Could you put up a link where cathar said this? Or is 30 rlzt referance a mis type (rlzt 20 ) perhaps?

Tekko said:
Here are the ones I found:

One
Two
Three
Four

And yes my memory failed me it's (iwaki only): RD-30 > Any Iwaki 20-serie.
Looks like the RLZT 20 is the recomended pump over the RLZT 30. Now the RD 30 fairs far better from what I got out of these links. BTW Thanks for posting the links

Back