• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook oxpress can't open PDFs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
I have a client who can't open PDFs from outlook express, it says there is no program associated with the file. He has to save the attachment somewhere and then open it. Adobe reader 7 is installed and associated with pdf files though. The problem started when I uninstalled the Acrobat 30-day trial. any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

BTW, he REFUSES to switch over to outlook '03 from express for some reason and os is xp sp2.

Open Add or Remove Programs and select Adobe Reader 7.0.7 | Click the "Change" button... you'll then be asked if you'd like to repair or remove the Reader, where you can then select "Next" and continue with the repair. You could also try the "Detect and Repair" function from the Help menu within the Reader.

I know a good one. Add/remove windows components and uncheck the OE checkbox ;). Then tell him to use outlook, OE is a dinosaur and will get him nothing but viruses and corrupted dbx files. Wait till he hits 2GB on a dbx, oh man he'll be squirming then (you might be too hehe).

Back