• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Player 11 Available For Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelfireUk83

Windows Media Player 11

Looks cool and from websites have said they seem to think so too the interface is better and looks alot more stylish.

Update: The stupid link has been disabled bet this is MS asking for it to be removed.

Last edited:
It started to download then it quit half way and wouldn't continue when I tried clicking on the link again. I'll check again soon see if it gets fixed MS are supposed to be releasing it end of June for XP.

The torrent link on that site works fine. I wonder if this will require that Authentification thing... if it does then i dont think i can install it lol.

Hey, I don't even have WMP 10. These things just seem to get bigger as they add more things I would never use.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Update: The stupid link has been disabled bet this is MS asking for it to be removed.
Then why are you still providing the link, especially if you think MS requested it be removed? The link you provided to the torrent and optional download sites are for the leaked version of WMP11... MS hasn't even officially released the product to the public yet. You might want to think about removing that link until the product is officially released by MS, at which time you can link to the official Media Player download site.
thaclassikz said:
I wonder if this will require that Authentification thing... if it does then i dont think i can install it lol.
Yes, the official download from MS will require authentication... and you might want to think twice about practically admitting to the fact that you're running a warez copy of a MS OS.

Last edited:
redduc900 said:
Yes, the official download from MS will require authentication... and you might want to think twice about practically admitting to the fact that you're running a warez copy of a MS OS.

Maybe i purchased an OEM copy that just so happens to have been sold to me by a not-so-reputable online shop. :)

thaclassikz said:
Maybe i purchased an OEM copy that just so happens to have been sold to me by a not-so-reputable online shop. :)

same thing, seems that you are aware of it. :eek:

i'm glad they have an instant search feature finally. Until now I have always used itunes because it searches instantly as you type.

I'll give it a shot if it runs on xp

It's still disabled is that link to Softpedia since I was advised to remove the link until it becomes available. I would remove it too with it not working, I'm hoping it's ok for security as well bout time we had a new WMP.

rseven said:
Hey, I don't even have WMP 10. These things just seem to get bigger as they add more things I would never use.
yea, i still using a modded version of media player classic version 6.4 :eek:

AngelfireUk83 said:
It's still disabled is that link to Softpedia since I was advised to remove the link until it becomes available. I would remove it too with it not working, I'm hoping it's ok for security as well bout time we had a new WMP.

The RO link is working, Not sure if that (makes) it a legal download. However it does work.

Its prelease software and from what I gather its distribution is limited. So.

No torrents or anything that will circumvent the license agreement etc.

So as this thread is entirely about it being available, which its not, and the result was borderline on warez discussion, this thread is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back