• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

expected temps over ambient?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

Hi, i know this is a question probably asked oftern, and that it would all depends and components including waterblack and especially the rad etc etc.

But if one could generalize a decent water cooling system, how much above ambient temperature would a overclocked cpu be?

I have a TT BT and a delta. They do a very good job keeping my XP-M, which over clocked by 700Mhz to 2.7Ghz at 1.975 volts, from overheating. It currenly idles 20*c over ambient, which is 18 atm (so 38 idle) and load at this temp is 46 or so. Would spending the money on a water cooling set up bring down temps?

my consern is that in summer is often reaches 30*c inside. Therefore, if its all liner that means 50 idle temps. not good. Summer is a long way off, so im not conserned now, but i may begin to save if a water setup would allow my clocks to remain as they are in summer.

Get some load temps, the idle temps are meaningless.

Check overclockers.com for their WCing system reviews they will list the C/W. Multiply your heat loadxC/W=C over ambient.

18c is pretty cool....

Back