• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a custom kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aadan

Registered
I am building a custom kit from danger den

CPU Style: AMD64 754/939/940
CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX
Top Style: Lucite - Clear
Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing
Radiator: Black Ice Xtreme II - Blue
Fans: 2x Sunon 120mm Fan w/4-pin molex
Pumps: !NEW! Danger Den 12V D5 1/2 OD Fittings
Tubing: 10 Feet of Tygon
Reservoir: Dual 5 1/4 Bay UV Green Reservoir
Water Additives: MCT-40 Non-Conductive Fluid
Hold Down Style: Standard Stainless Steel Hold Down
Misc: 12 Hose Clamps Y & T

Anything I should change add upgrade ? This will be my 1st system from them so any help would be great

It looks good. with that double rad you'll probably need at least 2 bottles of MCT40

Thanks for the input guys.

Other question could that system handle cooling my 7900gtx when I get it next week if I add a video block ?

Follwing suggestion might apply if you consider buying fsome of the stuff from other place than dangerden. http://www.petrastechshop.com/index.html

I would not bother getting Mct 40 fluid, the regular distilled water would do for me with swiftech hydrox.

As for tubing I would probably go with mastercleer 7/16 id tubing it is like $.49-$.59. good tubing just hard to put on. Dangerden doesn't sell it.

Fans If they had to be 100cfm I would get sanyo denki

Consider getting fan controler.

10 foot of tubing ? you plumbing the house aswell ?

if i was to nit pick id say the the res and rad are different colouras lol. black rad would go better with green res IMO :p

R B Customs said:
10 foot of tubing ? you plumbing the house aswell ?

if i was to nit pick id say the the res and rad are different colouras lol. black rad would go better with green res IMO :p

10ft isn't a lot...I always order 25ft. I always end up changing the loop and so it's best not to run out of it....7/16" masterkleer is only $.38/ft.

Aadan said:
Now I think I may just go with one of the high end swiftech systems.

If you end up going that route, you wont be let down. They are perhaps the only reccommended 'kit' watercooling soultion not belittled by the hardcore WCers on this forum.

Which one are you looking at?

The swiftech kits aren't so much kits as they are discounts on getting what you probably would buy anyway ;).

Dice said:
If you end up going that route, you wont be let down. They are perhaps the only reccommended 'kit' watercooling soultion not belittled by the hardcore WCers on this forum.

Which one are you looking at?

I am looking at the Swiftech H20-APEX STORM "EXTREME DUTY" Kit

INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT
STORM waterblock:
MCR220 radiator
MCP655™ 12 Volts DC pump:
MCRES-525™ 5 1/4" drive bay reservoir
MCB120 "Radbox" radiator mounting adapter

and adding a Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block to it.

It looks like as good of a setup as I was going to piece together except tested together and I know I am getting everything I need for a good start.

Aadan said:
I am looking at the Swiftech H20-APEX STORM "EXTREME DUTY" Kit

INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT
STORM waterblock:
MCR220 radiator
MCP655™ 12 Volts DC pump:
MCRES-525™ 5 1/4" drive bay reservoir
MCB120 "Radbox" radiator mounting adapter

and adding a Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block to it.

It looks like as good of a setup as I was going to piece together except tested together and I know I am getting everything I need for a good start.
That will work well

I decided to go with this

Swiftech Apex Ultra Water H20-220-APEX-UL
Cooling Kit

Swiftech MCW60-B Extreme MCW60-B
Duty VGA Water Block

And added this from Danger den

Danger Den Clear Dual 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir

Wish me luck Hope I get much better temps than Air 3.0g here I come :)

new system is in "sort of" it does not fit my case well so I am looking for a new case to fit it all in.

Anyhow idles at 31c loads at 39c

Video is idle at 33c loads at 42c

Now to find a case looking at this one http://mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_32&products_id=75

any thoughts guys ?

By the way thanks to everyones input for a watercooling noob it helped me make a good choice on the system

How much are you willing to spend on your case purchase? Edit I just looked at your link. hella yes that U2 case is great, I want one for myself lol

learning curve said:
How much are you willing to spend on your case purchase? Edit I just looked at your link. hella yes that U2 case is great, I want one for myself lol

They look like one of the best cases for watercooling.

Right now I have an Aspire X-Navigator Aluminum and its CRAMPED for space had to leave my rad and pump outside the case and the side panel off

~

Dice said:
QUOTE]
yeah id agree ,(pass on the dangerden),and go with the swiftech "Extreme Duty" like youve planned ,( just one more vote here :)

And on your case go with the Mountain Mods U2-UFO Cube,or simular,totally the right size for water cooling and fully upgradeable in the future as cpu's are just going to get hotter....post pics when your done peace

Back