• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedmonkay's First WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedmonkay

Ok Ive gotten 98% of the bubbles out (damn those bubbles) and everything is stable with temps and OCing.

Pump : FluidXP+ Magnum (was supposed to be C-System CSP Magnum but they shipped wrong one .. oh well)
CPU:[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] [/FONT]Zalman ZM-WB3 Gold
GPU: Zalman ZM-GWB2
Rad: Black Ice Micro 80.1 /w Scythe S-Flex SFF21E 120mm on a 120mm-80mm Adapter
Extra: ThermalTake Aquabay M1

All tubing is 3/8"ID with 20/80 Zalman G100 additive/distilled water mix

The Run is :

T-line -> TT Aquabay M1 -> Mag Pump -> Rad -> CPU -> GPU -> Back to T-line

Caseside.jpg

casesideangle.jpg

casesidelights.jpg

Those are 2 sound activated 15" Cold Cathodes - those things are damn bright !

When I built it I wasnt going for Uber Cooling- just mostly quietness, decent temps and a higher cool factor. My fiance is happy that it is so much Quieter now. Even with OCing to the max my crappy little MB will handle, I find my temps (see sig for temps) to be decent considering I am using a 80mm rad. I am using a 80mm rad because the whole case was made to work with 80mm fans and the fans clipped in and there are no screw holes for fans. And the fact that my first one wasnt a kit, I believe to be a nice cool factor.
But the more I look at it (which has been alot bleeding it the past week), the more I think "Man those line could be run alot neater." I have the T-line way up at the top because I read it should be at the highest point of the system. I know I could cut alot of tubing in the system if I took out the Aquabay M1, but I really like the look of it. IMO it adds to cool factor but not really the proformance.
So I would like some comments and advice on how I could possibly rerun my tubing to make it a little neater. If you can think of a better place for the pump or T-line I dont mind moving it but everything else has to kind of stay where it is. I am totally open to hear what anyone has to say.

how are the temps overclocked?
I got a zalman wb2 so just wondering :D
nice setup u got there

bumsquad said:
how are the temps overclocked?
I got a zalman wb2 so just wondering :D
nice setup u got there

36C idle/ 45C load

thats with my A64 3000+ venice @2475MHz (up from 1.8GHz) 275x9 1.55vcore

Looks like a good loop. how about routing:

res->pump->gpu->rad->cpu->t-line->back to res?

Would make the loop much cleaner, and probably use much less tubing. Basically reverse the flow. Doing that loop too, your CPU would probably get the coldest water. That way, you can keep the res, and get lower temps.

Also, PLEASE replace that PSU. THe Raidmax 420w is a POS. I suppose that's the one that came with your 668? very nice case, but the PSU really needs improvement. I'd reccommend a fortron.

other than that, VERY nice rig. I dig it :D

SolidxSnake said:
Also, PLEASE replace that PSU. THe Raidmax 420w is a POS. I suppose that's the one that came with your 668? very nice case, but the PSU really needs improvement. I'd reccommend a fortron.
Oh how i would love to replace my PSU.I have had the case and PSU for 3+ years. It is next on the list of stuff to go. See when I get new stuff, my old stuff goes to my fiance. She gets my whole old air cooling system. When I finally get her the case she wants I will order the PSU I want and she can have the 420. I was actually thinking of totally stripping the case and repainting it for her and then getting a totally new case for me with a waaaaaay better PSU. :clap: Actually I have fallen in love with custom wooden cases since I saw Voigts's Custom Wooden Case

SolidxSnake said:
Looks like a good loop. how about routing:

res->pump->gpu->rad->cpu->t-line->back to res?

Would make the loop much cleaner, and probably use much less tubing.

From looking at it yesterday and doing some quick measurements, Ill be able to cut out at least 18" running it that way.

Ill flip the pump to where the inlet is on the top. The line from the Aquabay will be able to drop straight down instead of making that ridiculously long curve. Also that long tube going from the GPU block to the T-line instead will be from the CPU block to the T-line which will cut out a good bit more there. 4 more hours of work and then what will seem like forever in traffic :)bang head) and then I can change my setup :drool:

Speedmonkay said:
Ill flip the pump to where the inlet is on the top. The line from the Aquabay will be able to drop straight down instead of making that ridiculously long curve. Also that long tube going from the GPU block to the T-line instead will be from the CPU block to the T-line which will cut out a good bit more there.

this is very good. it is what i do and it also helps bleeding and keeping liquid from re entering the pump. air has a hard time traveling downwards even with the flow so the longer the straight down vertical the better for your pump.
:thup:

Ok so last night I drained everything. Retubed it all. And I am very happy with the new look.

retube5-17side.jpg

retube5-17sideflash.jpg

retube5-17sidelights.jpg

I did end up taking out about 18 inches of tubing. It seems to be flowing way faster now. Some of the bends may look like they restrict a little in the pictures but they don't (optical illusion :eek:). Now I will spend the next couple of days fighting bubbles :bang head. Oh how I hate the bubbles.

Oh while I had everything apart I decided to apply the proper amount of AS-5 to my CPU and GPU because I was overly generous when I did it the first time. So I gotta wait for that to burn in and get most the bubbles out of the lines before I check for real temps. I woke up this morning to 51C Steady Full Load temps because I forgot I was still OCed with F@H running all night.

Next on my list is to add a DD Fillport for my T-line (im still capping it with a AAA battery cause I cant find anything else), add handles and repaint the case (probably some blue/black monkay theme).

Edit: Note to self : clean up wiring some

Back