• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disable power button through registry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mav2KM

Disable power button through registry, can it be done? I know you can from the power options tool bar, and through the bios, but I am looking for a way to turn if off in the registry, I would assume you could since it’s an option in the control panel. Any ideas?

I would assume it is part of the operating system like many other elements. AFAIK you can only request a call to the shutdown. Not prevent it. Via the reg/

The only other alt is themeing and not putting a large button for the shutdown. Even themeing the button in. The Task Manager will show it moe then likely.

Enablingwolf said:
I would assume it is part of the operating system like many other elements. AFAIK you can only request a call to the shutdown. Not prevent it. Via the reg/

The only other alt is themeing and not putting a large button for the shutdown. Even themeing the button in. The Task Manager will show it moe then likely.
Tweaking the power management properties under System Properties can inhibit the request-shutdown feature. Per ATX standards, there is no way to fully inhibit the shutdown system other than keylocking it out (highly recommended) or physically removing it (not recommended).

I always thought you could suspend or hibernate, but not do a full shutdown via the lock. I very well may be incorrect. :D

Back